+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question about updating address for outland?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hi there, just seeking some clarification about changing addresses -

We applied outland from within Canada and my husband has since returned to his home country in New Zealand. We received our AOR, but on eCAS his address changed to our Canadian one since at the time we filed, he was living with me - we're assuming we need to update this to his New Zealand address.

What's the best method to do this? I know we can't use eCAS as that's for Canadian addresses only, so do we wait until our application gets transferred to a VO before updating? (Think it's still at CPC-Sydney currently.) Or do we get in touch with them now to update it - if so how?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, just seeking some clarification about changing addresses -

We applied outland from within Canada and my husband has since returned to his home country in New Zealand. We received our AOR, but on eCAS his address changed to our Canadian one since at the time we filed, he was living with me - we're assuming we need to update this to his New Zealand address.

What's the best method to do this? I know we can't use eCAS as that's for Canadian addresses only, so do we wait until our application gets transferred to a VO before updating? (Think it's still at CPC-Sydney currently.) Or do we get in touch with them now to update it - if so how?
You can send a Webform.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hi there, bumping an old topic because this is sort of relevant to our problem...

We got PPR last week, but it asked us to submit the passport documents to Ottawa yet we had sent an address update in August to say my husband was in NZ, which they still haven't updated. We've since sent another webform asking if we can submit the documents through the VAC in Auckland instead as well as explaining the address change that we sent but was never updated.

We didn't receive automatic replies on neither the webforms or the emails sent.

Is there anything else we can do or do we just have to wait? Just feeling a bit nervous about the 30 day timelimit.

Would it be possible for me to send the documents required to Ottawa on his behalf and then send the COPR back to him in NZ perhaps?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, bumping an old topic because this is sort of relevant to our problem...

We got PPR last week, but it asked us to submit the passport documents to Ottawa yet we had sent an address update in August to say my husband was in NZ, which they still haven't updated. We've since sent another webform asking if we can submit the documents through the VAC in Auckland instead as well as explaining the address change that we sent but was never updated.

We didn't receive automatic replies on neither the webforms or the emails sent.

Is there anything else we can do or do we just have to wait? Just feeling a bit nervous about the 30 day timelimit.

Would it be possible for me to send the documents required to Ottawa on his behalf and then send the COPR back to him in NZ perhaps?
I would have said for him to send the docs to Ottawa but as you've already sent the Webform, I would advise waiting. You can contact your MP if you don't get a response closer to the deadline.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
We got a response saying we can submit through Auckland today, however the mailing address is still wrong. (They only updated the living address instead of both, despite us specifying the updated address was for current and mailing.)

Is it safe to still send the passport docs on with the new mailing address as well as emailing CPC-M the new mailing address? Or should we only email CPC-M and wait for a response before sending?