AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys, my wife is applying for citizenship. We're pretty much all done except for the question in the application form that asks you the statuses you held prior to becoming PR.

Here's the thing. For about five years prior to becoming PR, my wife had a work permit (and a student visa even before that). In terms of the five year eligibility period, we're talking work permit for the first two years and PR for the latter three.

If the eligibility period starts on Jan 1 2015 (for example), do I just put Jan 1 2015 as the date she attained the worker status even though her first work permit was years before?

The reason I'm unsure is because she had multiple work permits (as they expired and had to be renewed) - she was always in status and there were never any holes or anything.

I just don't know if I'm supposed to list each individual work permit like so:

Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 Worker
Jan 2015 - Jan 2016 Worker
etc

or is it okay to just put the start of the eligibility period to the date when she became PR (like Jan 2015 - Jan 2017 Worker) and that's it?

Another problem is that we're missing one of the work permits so we also don't know the exact dates on it.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hey guys, my wife is applying for citizenship. We're pretty much all done except for the question in the application form that asks you the statuses you held prior to becoming PR.

Here's the thing. For about five years prior to becoming PR, my wife had a work permit (and a student visa even before that). In terms of the five year eligibility period, we're talking work permit for the first two years and PR for the latter three.

If the eligibility period starts on Jan 1 2015 (for example), do I just put Jan 1 2015 as the date she attained the worker status even though her first work permit was years before?

The reason I'm unsure is because she had multiple work permits (as they expired and had to be renewed) - she was always in status and there were never any holes or anything.

I just don't know if I'm supposed to list each individual work permit like so:

Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 Worker
Jan 2015 - Jan 2016 Worker
etc

or is it okay to just put the start of the eligibility period to the date when she became PR (like Jan 2015 - Jan 2017 Worker) and that's it?

Another problem is that we're missing one of the work permits so we also don't know the exact dates on it.
So to question 9. a) enter the eligibility period which the online calculator gives you, this will be the print out you send with the application.

Question 9. b) answer "Yes"

In the staus box just above question 10. a) I added Worker - Work Permit, for the dates I used the start date as when I received my 1st permit and then the expiry date was when I obtain PR as that is when your temp worker status expires.

I had no issue at all and did not list out the multiple permits I have over the years.

Reactions: np08

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So to question 9. a) enter the eligibility period which the online calculator gives you, this will be the print out you send with the application.

Question 9. b) answer "Yes"

In the staus box just above question 10. a) I added Worker - Work Permit, for the dates I used the start date as when I received my 1st permit and then the expiry date was when I obtain PR as that is when your temp worker status expires.

I had no issue at all and did not list out the multiple permits I have over the years.
Awesome, I was thinking the same but I wasn't sure. They don't even ask for the permits and they have it all in the system so I figured there's no need to overcomplicate.

Ty!

Dhillon1988

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, I’m in the same situation . My eligibility period is from 2015 and I had renewed my work permit while I applied for my PR. I am missing that work permit paper and can not remember the exact dates. What should I do??