+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question about interview

GO4444

Oct 29, 2015
Hi Guys, could anyone tells me whether the officer that reviews original documents after test in interview is the same officer who is responsible for your file. If not is it possible that there would be contradiction between both officers (i.e: one says that passports stamps are OK with residence calculator while the other says not and ask for additional documents or even send RQ or other request letters...?). and finally who will take the decision for your application....

Thanks in advance....

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
I doubt anyone can provide a conclusive answer for this as no one has an idea or visibility to CIC working other than the CO's themselves. It could very well be the same person or after their assessments it is placed in another pile where another officer who picks it up does a final second review to be honest it is not possible for a member of this board to answer this question.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I obviously don't know the answer, and as mentioned, I believe only Officers will know it.

But, at the day of my interview, all the four officers were putting the files in the same big pile after the interviews. So, it doesn't look like it would be the same officer to conclude your process.

But that is just speculation.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GO4444 said:
Hi Guys, could anyone tells me whether the officer that reviews original documents after test in interview is the same officer who is responsible for your file. If not is it possible that there would be contradiction between both officers (i.e: one says that passports stamps are OK with residence calculator while the other says not and ask for additional documents or even send RQ or other request letters...?). and finally who will take the decision for your application....

Thanks in advance....
If you order the ATIP you will see how many officers work on your case, so I guess the last one makes the decision. Don't think anyone can tell how the case changes the hands and what is the reason

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
@Ambient,
I see that you have had your test quite a while ago, and nothing after. Was their any request for more docs? Any eCAS update as to give you clues
about the status? What did u find with your Aug ATIP?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
During my interview on Aug 31 the CO who interviewed us said that in case of further clarification, either he or one of his colleagues to whom my file may be passed will look into it.
GO4444 said:

Thanks in advance....

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If you applied under old rules, there are 2 CO and 1 CJ involved.
If you applied under new rules, there is only one decision maker, so the interviewing CO is the only person responsible for your file.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprak0 said:
@Ambient,
I see that you have had your test quite a while ago, and nothing after. Was their any request for more docs? Any eCAS update as to give you clues
about the status? What did u find with your Aug ATIP?
Well, my story goes like this (couldn't fit it in my signature) Test was on June 3rd in Mississauga, I've been told to wait 4-6 weeks to receive the letter for the oath. After that just silence.
Asked my MP to contact them as I wanted to vote in the election, but CIC told him to wait 6 months after the test (apparently that's the waiting time).
Ordered my first ATIP right away and the only thing I learned was that my case has been transferred to St.Clair office from Mississauga.
Ordered my second ATIP right after receiving the first one (it take one month to get the ATIP), got the second one a week ago, same information as the first. Ordered the third one after that.
Call centre doesn't say anything, everyone there tells me to wait till Dec 3 (6 month after the test).
Ecas is still "in process" and there is no new line after the test invite.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
ambient2 said:
Well, my story goes like this (couldn't fit it in my signature) Test was on June 3rd in Mississauga, I've been told to wait 4-6 weeks to receive the letter for the oath. After that just silence.
Asked my MP to contact them as I wanted to vote in the election, but CIC told him to wait 6 months after the test (apparently that's the waiting time).
Ordered my first ATIP right away and the only thing I learned was that my case has been transferred to St.Clair office from Mississauga.
Ordered my second ATIP right after receiving the first one (it take one month to get the ATIP), got the second one a week ago, same information as the first. Ordered the third one after that.
Call centre doesn't say anything, everyone there tells me to wait till Dec 3 (6 month after the test).
Ecas is still "in process" and there is no new line after the test invite.
Thanks. So need to be ready for this. Been a month after test no updates on eCAS...
Have ordered ATIP... May be I will find they have sent it back to Sydney...

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Maybe it is an Office related issue?

I'm from Montreal, and my e-CAS was updated 2 days after my test.