+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick LMIA Question.

Simondial

Nov 19, 2012
Hi Guys,

The company I work for is adding me to an LMIA they had already made for a few of their employees, to help speed along my express entry.

Today I was asked to pick one of the two following options regarding my preferred method of application:

1. Leave and re-enter Canada

2. Apply through the inland process

Does anybody know which of these methods would be quicker?

Thanks in advance! ;)

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Simondial said:
Hi Guys,

The company I work for is adding me to an LMIA they had already made for a few of their employees, to help speed along my express entry.

Today I was asked to pick one of the two following options regarding my preferred method of application:

1. Leave and re-enter Canada

2. Apply through the inland process

Does anybody know which of these methods would be quicker?

Thanks in advance! ;)
The LMIA process doesn't consider where you are, as it is a process between the employer and Service Canada to hire a temporary foreign worker, whether he/she is already inland or not.

But if you are already included in their LMIA and is asking about obtaining work permit, I'm not sure. My guess is going to the border might be faster.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlanKju said:
The LMIA process doesn't consider where you are, as it is a process between the employer and Service Canada to hire a temporary foreign worker, whether he/she is already inland or not.

But if you are already included in their LMIA and is asking about obtaining work permit, I'm not sure. My guess is going to the border might be faster.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]hi can anyone tell me how many lmia can my employer apply , my employer has already 3 positive lmia and mine would be the 4th one,
any advice would be helpful
[/size][/size][/size]