+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick help on a few Questions

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I’ll sign my application on Nov 30 2017, and based on the link below the eligibility period must be Nov 30 2012 – Nov 29 2017 (refer answer 2)
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=E9B8B5678ACC903306A9B00C54F4AD23?redir=faq
However, my online calculator shows eligibility period as Nov 30 2012 – Nov 30 2017.

Question 9 a): What time period should I include as my eligibility period; the one according to online calculator or the one according to the link? or did I do something wrong in calculator?

Question 9 b): In the table, what should be the PR status expiry date; the date we sign the application or the actual date it will expire? My thoughts are to use the latter but open for suggestion from members on this forum who have received AOR.

Question 11: I have been with one employer since Nov 2012, so I guess that would be my only entry in the Table. I shouldn’t include any travel (leisure) that I have done over my eligibility period, correct?
Also, the “TO” date for that employer; would it be the sign date since I can't choose present like in question 10?

Question 11: For my wife, she was unemployed for couple of months; my instinct tells me to put down our home address for physical location but for all other fields (except the dates), would you suggest
- I put N/A, in particular contact/phone number/email address, or
- I put in my contact details?
I can't think of any other option.

Sincere thanks again for your help fellas !!

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
For Question 9a it should follow your calculator which you stated it to be Nov 30 2012 – Nov 30 2017.
9b) The date of expiration should be listed on the document that was issued to you. Put down the date that is indicated there.
11) Question 11 only ask for employment and education information. When you mention about travel (leisure) activity, that would fall under question 10.
For the date it would be 2012-11 to Present. If you wrote the date of the application they might think you do not work there anymore.

For your wife: That is correct as you would indicate that your wife was unemployed and the address would be where she was residing. The other contact information would be N/A.
TO:YYYY-MM
Name of Employer: N/A
Where were you: Where your wife was residing at ( Number and Street)
City:Where ever it was
Name of Contact: N/A
Phone Number:N/A
Email Address:N/A

Hope that helps

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
For Question 9a it should follow your calculator which you stated it to be Nov 30 2012 – Nov 30 2017.
9b) The date of expiration should be listed on the document that was issued to you. Put down the date that is indicated there.
11) Question 11 only ask for employment and education information. When you mention about travel (leisure) activity, that would fall under question 10.
For the date it would be 2012-11 to Present. If you wrote the date of the application they might think you do not work there anymore.

For your wife: That is correct as you would indicate that your wife was unemployed and the address would be where she was residing. The other contact information would be N/A.
TO:YYYY-MM
Name of Employer: N/A
Where were you: Where your wife was residing at ( Number and Street)
City:Where ever it was
Name of Contact: N/A
Phone Number:N/A
Email Address:N/A

Hope that helps
Thanks a Ton !! This information was very helpful