+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions that ask us to fill in on the applications as in writing more info.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I can explain short or write them a bible about meting each other after a while. I can write a lot or not.

Example: "Give any additional details describing the circumstance of your first meeting with your sponsor"

What would look better? I also don't want to over do it. And do we just attach these sheets to the back of the application so CIC can read it? And also is it okay if it is typed cause it would go a lot faster then hand writing it. Do I need to sign the bottom of it?

Thank you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SpouseVisa said:
I can explain short or write them a bible about meting each other after a while. I can write a lot or not.

Example: "Give any additional details describing the circumstance of your first meeting with your sponsor"

What would look better? I also don't want to over do it. And do we just attach these sheets to the back of the application so CIC can read it? And also is it okay if it is typed cause it would go a lot faster then hand writing it. Do I need to sign the bottom of it?

Thank you.
it's OK to type, it's probably even better because it's easier to read for the VO. You can attach additional shet, just make sure that for every additional sheet that you add, you clearly state at the beginning which form it refers to, and which question. Like this, if it gets mixed up, the VO will clearly see what it is referring to. Also - write - see additional sheet, page number xx etc, on the form itself, so the VO knows to look for more information.
I don't think you need to sign them - as long as you include them in the application, they are part of your application and so you automatically sign for them by signing the forms.... ( we didn't sign ours for sure).

About what to write: it's up to you! it depends on your application. Just try to keep in mind that the VO wants to understand how you met and how your relationship developed. If there is anything special in the way you met (in a car crash for example!) you can mention that... the point is not to "bore" the VO but to make him understand that you met your partner, and how it developed. If there is no red flag in your application, then probably keeping it short and to the point is good. If there is a red flag, but you feel that it can be explained, then add more elements.

At the end, looking at the application, somebody who doesn't know you at all should be able to answer the question: "Are these people in a real relationship or not?" - keep that in mind when writing your application, and it should start to make more sense.

Good luck,
Sweden

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Sweden said:
it's OK to type, it's probably even better because it's easier to read for the VO. You can attach additional shet, just make sure that for every additional sheet that you add, you clearly state at the beginning which form it refers to, and which question. Like this, if it gets mixed up, the VO will clearly see what it is referring to. Also - write - see additional sheet, page number xx etc, on the form itself, so the VO knows to look for more information.
I don't think you need to sign them - as long as you include them in the application, they are part of your application and so you automatically sign for them by signing the forms.... ( we didn't sign ours for sure).

About what to write: it's up to you! it depends on your application. Just try to keep in mind that the VO wants to understand how you met and how your relationship developed. If there is anything special in the way you met (in a car crash for example!) you can mention that... the point is not to "bore" the VO but to make him understand that you met your partner, and how it developed. If there is no red flag in your application, then probably keeping it short and to the point is good. If there is a red flag, but you feel that it can be explained, then add more elements.

At the end, looking at the application, somebody who doesn't know you at all should be able to answer the question: "Are these people in a real relationship or not?" - keep that in mind when writing your application, and it should start to make more sense.

Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you for the kind information. I see you already landed. How come you are still on these forums? Not that, it's a bad thing! 8)

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
SpouseVisa said:
Thank you for the kind information. I see you already landed. How come you are still on these forums? Not that, it's a bad thing! 8)
It's an addiction. When you go through the painful proccess of separation, anxiously checking eCAS everyday/night and the relevant forum thread for your application time and processing VO, you bound in a way. :D

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
My husband and I just typed a essay I guess is the best way to describe them. Both of ours were a little over three pages to cover our almost 10 years of friendship and almost 7 years of marriage. It was mostly about how we met, fell in love, got married and then our life together now 7 years and 3 kids later. I was annoyed by the over-simplified and generic question from CIC. It feels hard to explain that for us a true ongoing relationship is more then lots of pictures or fancy trips but more about how my husband can come home and doesn't freak out about the whole box of cereal our kids dumped all over the carpet right before he got home and just one look at my face tells him that I can't deal with it again! So he gets the vacuum out and cleans it. lol
But yeah anything that needed more space I just typed up with our file number, full name and birthdate on the top and then labeled the questions in order that needed more space and in each question in the forms I put "see attached page" We didn't sign our "essays" but when we got my husbands passport request they asked for proof of my plan to resettle in Canada again so I had a letter from my dad saying that his offer still stood (he sent one over a year ago for the initial paperwork) for housing and employment and I wrote a letter saying that we were saving for our move and selling off our stuff and looking forward to moving up in April so that I could start working in my dad's tree service's company and I did sign that one because it was in letter form. Scanned the letters and his passport and now we continue to hurry up and wait....lol

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SpouseVisa said:
Indeed I landed a few weeks ago, and now I'm in Canada and looking for a job! :) so in the meantime I keep myself busy being on the forum, and answering questions, and trying to provide guidance - maybe I should do that for a job! :)

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Peterpan12 said:
It's an addiction. When you go through the painful proccess of separation, anxiously checking eCAS everyday/night and the relevant forum thread for your application time and processing VO, you bound in a way. :D
OMG If the drugs won't kill you or become an alcoholic, immigration will kill you from stress! :eek:

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
mameelynn said:
My husband and I just typed a essay I guess is the best way to describe them. Both of ours were a little over three pages to cover our almost 10 years of friendship and almost 7 years of marriage. It was mostly about how we met, fell in love, got married and then our life together now 7 years and 3 kids later. I was annoyed by the over-simplified and generic question from CIC. It feels hard to explain that for us a true ongoing relationship is more then lots of pictures or fancy trips but more about how my husband can come home and doesn't freak out about the whole box of cereal our kids dumped all over the carpet right before he got home and just one look at my face tells him that I can't deal with it again! So he gets the vacuum out and cleans it. lol
But yeah anything that needed more space I just typed up with our file number, full name and birthdate on the top and then labeled the questions in order that needed more space and in each question in the forms I put "see attached page" We didn't sign our "essays" but when we got my husbands passport request they asked for proof of my plan to resettle in Canada again so I had a letter from my dad saying that his offer still stood (he sent one over a year ago for the initial paperwork) for housing and employment and I wrote a letter saying that we were saving for our move and selling off our stuff and looking forward to moving up in April so that I could start working in my dad's tree service's company and I did sign that one because it was in letter form. Scanned the letters and his passport and now we continue to hurry up and wait....lol
With all that proof did you have to do an interview? I HOPE NOT!

I woudln't even read that file if I was an immigration officer, 10 yrs, 7 yrs married, 3 kids! APPROVED! GO!

Or you got that one immigration officer person who just broke up, and say "ummm no". That kills me! I have read a lot of horror stuff on here in the last 2 days. But I see you got the ppr! So that is a good sign!
CONGRADS!

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Sweden said:
Indeed I landed a few weeks ago, and now I'm in Canada and looking for a job! :) so in the meantime I keep myself busy being on the forum, and answering questions, and trying to provide guidance - maybe I should do that for a job! :)
Great way to advertize. "I use to be in your shoes, now follow mine" I want 20%! lol

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SpouseVisa said:

I woudln't even read that file if I was an immigration officer, 10 yrs, 7 yrs married, 3 kids! APPROVED! GO!

Or you got that one immigration officer person who just broke up, and say "ummm no". That kills me! I have read a lot of horror stuff on here in the last 2 days. But I see you got the ppr! So that is a good sign!
CONGRADS!
with a case like this - 10 yrs, 7 yrs married and 3 kids, there is no doubt that the PR will be approved - it's more a matter of waiting for it... so it's WHEN the PR comes, not IF....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SpouseVisa said:
Great way to advertize. "I use to be in your shoes, now follow mine" I want 20%! lol
thanks for the suggestion - I'll think about it! your 20% have been already paid off by all the nice and lovely advices I have given :)

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
SpouseVisa said:

CONGRADS!
Thanks! That was how we were feeling when we sent in our 4+pounds of paperwork but here we still sit and wait :-X
No we didn't have an interview(thank heavens!!) and we are in the middle of getting rid of most of our stuff to be ready to head up to Canada in April with CORP or not and my husband will just "visit" till we get it because I start work then!

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Sweden said:
thanks for the suggestion - I'll think about it! your 20% have been already paid off by all the nice and lovely advices I have given :)
LOL What a guy! What a guy!

What is your age? And where at in Canada are you at?

I am good with money. So let me know, I can guide you in the correct direction.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
mameelynn said:
Thanks! That was how we were feeling when we sent in our 4+pounds of paperwork but here we still sit and wait :-X
No we didn't have an interview(thank heavens!!) and we are in the middle of getting rid of most of our stuff to be ready to head up to Canada in April with CORP or not and my husband will just "visit" till we get it because I start work then!
Sure seems like a long time, the office you are using, use to take 3 months to get approved. Seems a bit more now days.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SpouseVisa said:
LOL What a guy! What a guy!

What is your age? And where at in Canada are you at?

I am good with money. So let me know, I can guide you in the correct direction.
Just for the record - I'm a girl! :) (seems to be a common thing... a lot of people assume I'm a guy). Based in Victoria, BC!