+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding SOWP

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Good morning amazing people :)

I have a very general question. I tried to read a lot of posts about it but have not got any convincing response yet.

I am on PGWP which expires in March. I will apply for SINP under the student's category soon and plan to get married in my home country in May.

The question here is, "What is the quickest way I can bring my future spouse here?"

By that time (JUNE/JULY) I would be on an OPEN/CLOSED work permit, probably waiting for my PR card?
Hypothetically, can I apply for SOWP for her right after the marriage? or do I have to add her name to the PR application (a lot of people have said no to that)?

Just to be on the safer side and go for an INLAND and not an OUTLAND visa for SOWP, should I apply for a visitor visa for her, a few months before the marriage?

People here..are really knowledgeable .... please advise. Thank you for your help :)

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Good morning amazing people :)

I have a very general question. I tried to read a lot of posts about it but have not got any convincing response yet.

I am on PGWP which expires in March. I will apply for SINP under the student's category soon and plan to get married in my home country in May.

The question here is, "What is the quickest way I can bring my future spouse here?"

By that time (JUNE/JULY) I would be on an OPEN/CLOSED work permit, probably waiting for my PR card?
Hypothetically, can I apply for SOWP for her right after the marriage? or do I have to add her name to the PR application (a lot of people have said no to that)?

Just to be on the safer side and go for an INLAND and not an OUTLAND visa for SOWP, should I apply for a visitor visa for her, a few months before the marriage?

People here..are really knowledgeable .... please advise. Thank you for your help :)
The quickest way to bring your wife here is to apply for a visitor visa before marriage.

Logeshvijayan

Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is well.I have a question regarding my Spouse Open work permit.I applied for my SOWP on April/10/2021.my wife completed her biometrics on Apr/16/2021.

I have also applied for travel exemption stating the reason is for “Family reunification”.Afteri applied the application status changed like this “We are reviewing your application whether you met the eligiblity criteria”.

I have seen lot of posts saying that you will get the PPR in a day or two or in a week.In current situation when can i expect a decision??

I applied online and i am from India.

Thanks in advance