+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding PR application (2)

baniza

Aug 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I`m currently working on my PR application, and I have a few questions that I`d appreciate to have answered:

1. Document IMM5532e: (1) "sponsor`s employment history": My common-law partenr is currently employed. Which date should I use for the "to" cell in the from/to section? The date of filling out the form? It would be most approproate to have a "currently/now" or so in there, but that`s not possible. How do you state that she still works there? Same issue with (5) "address history".

2. Unless clearly outlined, should you leave cells in a document blank if they don`t apply to you or should you write something along the lines of "not applicable"?

3. Document IMM5406e: It says: "The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner, (...) must complete their own copy of this form." Does this only refer to the common-law partner if she accompanied me to Canada (as well as my dependent children, if I had any), or do they mean my common-law partner that sponsors me from within Canada (that`s my case. She`s a Canadian citizen living in Canada)? I completed one form so far, filling out information about me, my common-law partner, as well as my mother and my father. So, does she have to fill out her own copy of this document?

4. I have a few thousand dollars in savings. Should I mention that anywhere in my application? I guess that social assistance poses a threat to the government. So, would it make sense to mention anywhere that I have my own backup funds, besides my common-law partner sponsoring me?

5. Regarding birth certificate & family booklet: I`ll have a document issued by the German authorities which states all information in German as well as in English. From what I`ve read, you must send any document that is not in English/French with 1) the English or French translation, 2) an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, 3) a certified photocopy of the original document. Again, I plan on sending them the original document, which will be both in German and English (I`ll have it re-issued by German authorities). Would that mean that I wouldn`t need anything else besides it? It`s pretty much as official as it gets.

6. On some immigration companies website I read: "The government of Canada announced the extension of the Open Work Permit program for Inland Spousal Sponsorship until January 31, 2019." Does that mean that if I get an open work permit, which I`ll apply for along with my PR application, it would only be valid up until January 31, 2019?

7. From what I`ve read, the whole PR process takes about 2 years from the day you send out your application. I just noticed that my passport will expire in 2020. PR cards are only issued up until the validity period of ones passport. Is there anything I should think about now to avoid any issues that could arise with that?

Thanks a lot!
Ferdinand

Last edited: