+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream

boixos24

Aug 15, 2019
1st question:
On their site it says:
Tech draws are a new Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) opportunity that falls under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
This would mean that there are NO tech draws for other streams like the French speaking stream, correct?

I went on their NOI page and there is also no mention of tech draws in the "French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream" table.

So, I just want to clarify if there are no tech draws for this specific stream? because I am a Linux System Administrator, and although it is a tech job, it doesn't fall under their tech draw NOC occupations.

2nd question:
What do you think are the average CRS score ranges for this specific stream? I ask because they haven't listed them on their table, unlike the human capital stream. I'd presume that it'd be lower than the Human Capital stream ranges though, right?

Also, if there is anyone here who got accepted into the French speaking stream, please do share your CRS score (before you got the 600 point NOI boost).

3rd question:
Am I allowed to apply to this stream if French isn't my native language but I have the required scores? Because my first language is English, and I am a better English speaker than French speaker. for example, if i indicated that English was my native language, would they disregard my profile altogether?

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
1st question:
On their site it says:
Tech draws are a new Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) opportunity that falls under the Human Capital Priorities Stream
This would mean that there are NO tech draws for other streams like the French speaking stream, correct?

I went on their NOI page and there is also no mention of tech draws in the "French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream" table.

So, I just want to clarify if there are no tech draws for this specific stream? because I am a Linux System Administrator, and although it is a tech job, it doesn't fall under their tech draw NOC occupations.

2nd question:
What do you think are the average CRS score ranges for this specific stream? I ask because they haven't listed them on their table, unlike the human capital stream. I'd presume that it'd be lower than the Human Capital stream ranges though, right?

Also, if there is anyone here who got accepted into the French speaking stream, please do share your CRS score (before you got the 600 point NOI boost).

3rd question:
Am I allowed to apply to this stream if French isn't my native language but I have the required scores? Because my first language is English, and I am a better English speaker than French speaker. for example, if i indicated that English was my native language, would they disregard my profile altogether?
Dear friend

for french stream there is no minimum score just you should be in the pool and put the french as first language (CLB 7) english as second (CLB 5)
2,BACHELOR DEGREE CERTIFIED BY WES (ECA)

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

normally Ontario had a habbit before to send every week NOI for french speaker but from 07 febrauary 2019 they stopped and in 22 may 2019 they send again
really i dont know if they will invite in the coming months of this year french speaker or no but we should keep otipmistic as in 2018 they invited 1600 candidates so we can expect a draw for the french speaker in the coming months .

if you can take the risk to keep the french as first language and your CRS Score will drop go ahead

i attcahed two links from OINP i hope they will be usueful for you to see wich decision you can take :wait to have an invitation as tech NOC or change your first language to french and wait for NOI

try to shift the two languages and see how much you get in CRS in both of the scenarios .

regards

boixos24

Aug 15, 2019
Dear friend

for french stream there is no minimum score just you should be in the pool and put the french as first language (CLB 7) english as second (CLB 5)
2,BACHELOR DEGREE CERTIFIED BY WES (ECA)

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

normally Ontario had a habbit before to send every week NOI for french speaker but from 07 febrauary 2019 they stopped and in 22 may 2019 they send again
really i dont know if they will invite in the coming months of this year french speaker or no but we should keep otipmistic as in 2018 they invited 1600 candidates so we can expect a draw for the french speaker in the coming months .

if you can take the risk to keep the french as first language and your CRS Score will drop go ahead

i attcahed two links from OINP i hope they will be usueful for you to see wich decision you can take :wait to have an invitation as tech NOC or change your first language to french and wait for NOI

try to shift the two languages and see how much you get in CRS in both of the scenarios .

regards
damn that sucks....unfortunately i will get only 65 instead of the required 67 points for the selection factors if i switch the languages :( guess that i can't use this stream :(

do i have no chance at all if i select english as my first language?

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
damn that sucks....unfortunately i will get only 65 instead of the required 67 points for the selection factors if i switch the languages :( guess that i can't use this stream :(

do i have no chance at all if i select english as my first language?
try to retake the TEF or TCF to have higher score and get the 02 points missing .
or try to consider alberta as they invite at the CRS 300
also you can check manitoba , prince edward but you should fill a letter of interest in their website

saskatshewan has also a french speaking stream

if you can share with me more informations to see how i can help .

how did you get the 65 points .may be you miss something .

for french speaking stream for ontario a computer is selecting randomly the people from the pool that has french as first language.

if you need any help please dont hesitate .

with best regards

Reactions: boixos24

boixos24

Aug 15, 2019
try to retake the TEF or TCF to have higher score and get the 02 points missing .
or try to consider alberta as they invite at the CRS 300
also you can check manitoba , prince edward but you should fill a letter of interest in their website

saskatshewan has also a french speaking stream

if you can share with me more informations to see how i can help .

how did you get the 65 points .may be you miss something .

for french speaking stream for ontario a computer is selecting randomly the people from the pool that has french as first language.

if you need any help please dont hesitate .

with best regards
thanks for your reply. im actually a student in college right now (20 year old from egypt). i graduate with a bachelor in 1 year and then plan on working for 1 year.

i did rough estimates and learning french seems to be the fastest way for me to get to canada (through that ontario french stream), until i just founud out from you that french has to be set as my first language :(

i plan on working as a linux system administrator for 1-1.5 years after i graduate college here in egypt so i can complete the 1 year experience requirement. thowever, im thinking of becoming a web developer since its one of the tech jobs in the HCP ontario stream. but i still would need to learn french to get my CRS score in the 450 range.

i already took the IELETS exams and maxed out on my score, and will probably do so again in 2 years. also, a job offer is out of the question. in other words, there is no possible way for me to get 67 points other than mastering french to a c1 level

so either I have to master french to a C1 level in 2.5 years OR learn web development (which i dont really have an interest in) + learn french to b2 level. what would you choose? i think learning french to c1 would be easier, no?

or is there an easier/faster stream i could go through? i really dont care where i end up in canada, i just want to get out of my home country

Last edited:

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
thanks for your reply. im actually a student in college right now (20 year old from egypt). i graduate with a bachelor in 1 year and then plan on working for 1 year.

i did rough estimates and learning french seems to be the fastest way for me to get to canada (through that ontario french stream), until i just founud out from you that french has to be set as my first language :(

i plan on working as a linux system administrator for 1-1.5 years after i graduate college here in egypt so i can complete the 1 year experience requirement. thowever, im thinking of becoming a web developer since its one of the tech jobs in the HCP ontario stream. but i still would need to learn french to get my CRS score in the 450 range.

i already took the IELETS exams and maxed out on my score, and will probably do so again in 2 years. also, a job offer is out of the question. in other words, there is no possible way for me to get 67 points other than mastering french to a c1 level

so either I have to master french to a C1 level in 2.5 years OR learn web development (which i dont really have an interest in) + learn french to b2 level. what would you choose? i think learning french to c1 would be easier, no?

or is there an easier/faster stream i could go through? i really dont care where i end up in canada, i just want to get out of my home country
hi man

i conclude from what you wrote the following:

you dont have bachelor degree yet ( bachelor degree to be certified in canada should be 03 to 04 years study) after secondary school .
you don t have work experience yet .

you age is very good

for the french it is not a must to have C1 in all field ( speaking,listening,writing ,reading ) if you succed to to have C1 in any one you will get the missing two points ex ( reading B2 4points listening C1 5 points ,speaking C1 5 points , writing B2 4 points ) you will get the missing points .if you get this score in tef you will have 18 points instead of 16 points that you will have if you get B2 in all the fields.

means that you are not ready yet to apply . and you have to know that canada has launched a program to receive 1 million resident till 2021 and after that i dont know if the immigration to canada will be easy .

my suggestion is the following after you finish your bachelor degree try to have a study permit in canada to continue a master this is the why that will save time for you but as i know it is costly .so focus in continuing your studies in canada and after that you can apply for permanant residency .

tahiyaty ya basha

boixos24

Aug 15, 2019
hi man

i conclude from what you wrote the following:

you dont have bachelor degree yet ( bachelor degree to be certified in canada should be 03 to 04 years study) after secondary school .
you don t have work experience yet .

you age is very good

for the french it is not a must to have C1 in all field ( speaking,listening,writing ,reading ) if you succed to to have C1 in any one you will get the missing two points ex ( reading B2 4points listening C1 5 points ,speaking C1 5 points , writing B2 4 points ) you will get the missing points .if you get this score in tef you will have 18 points instead of 16 points that you will have if you get B2 in all the fields.

means that you are not ready yet to apply . and you have to know that canada has launched a program to receive 1 million resident till 2021 and after that i dont know if the immigration to canada will be easy .

my suggestion is the following after you finish your bachelor degree try to have a study permit in canada to continue a master this is the why that will save time for you but as i know it is costly .so focus in continuing your studies in canada and after that you can apply for permanant residency .

tahiyaty ya basha
haha teslam iidak, thanks for your help.

i know im not ready, i'm just planning out a path from now for the next two years so i can leave Egypt. i graduate in december 2020 with a 4-year bachelor's, and then plan to work for 1 year in a tech-related job. so, realistically, i have 2.5 years to learn french in my spare time.

unfortunately i dont want to do a master's as it is costly and i'd rather save that money for the proof of funds. it seems that french is my only option. realisitically, if i study french in those 2.5 years, is it possible to reach a C1 level? because if i can, it will bump my CRS score to 470 which i think is good enough, no? i think it would be enough for an ITA and even an ontario nomination (with french selected as my first language)..

otherwise, if i dont learn french, i will only have a crs score of 416, meaning i'd need a nomination. do you have any streams in mind?

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019

i know im not ready, i'm just planning out a path from now for the next two years so i can leave Egypt. i graduate in december 2020 with a 4-year bachelor's, and then plan to work for 1 year in a tech-related job. so, realistically, i have 2.5 years to learn french in my spare time.

unfortunately i dont want to do a master's as it is costly and i'd rather save that money for the proof of funds. it seems that french is my only option. realisitically, if i study french in those 2.5 years, is it possible to reach a C1 level? because if i can, it will bump my CRS score to 470 which i think is good enough, no? i think it would be enough for an ITA and even an ontario nomination (with french selected as my first language)..

otherwise, if i dont learn french, i will only have a crs score of 416, meaning i'd need a nomination. do you have any streams in mind?
what is your score in ilets ?

looking forward

Jun 30, 2019
your CRS Score is 458 your federal points is 70

age 12 exp 9 education 21 ilets 24 french 4

my advice began to learn french and after two years who knows what will happen as the immigration laws in canada change from year to year .

send applications to universities may be you will get a free schoolarship .

i repeat again try to think and search for the study permit because after 2021 nobody knows what will be the immigration system in canada .

i wish for you all the best

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

If you can learn French in a focused way then go for it. With dedication people have reached C2 level in 10 months of study. So 2 years of study will definitely get you there if you study consistently.

I also looked at the french option and I think uts very doable in 2.5 years. I was learning french on my own and making quick progress. It depends on how motivated you really are.

For me, I personally lost interest because I got ITA without the French. But if I could get enough motivation back I'd start learning French again in a heartbeat. It's a beautiful language and can give you a definite edge in the job market here.

ft1523

Aug 30, 2019
Is having French as the main language mandatory for the French Speaking stream?
Nope, not at all. All you need is just proof you know both languages(tests). They dont’ care which one is your main language. I got my pr through the OINP french stream. Now maybe you may need to switch based on your test results to get the max points possible on EE, which could make more sense.

Reactions: newbieee21312

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020
Nope, not at all. All you need is just proof you know both languages(tests). They dont’ care which one is your main language. I got my pr through the OINP french stream. Now maybe you may need to switch based on your test results to get the max points possible on EE, which could make more sense.
Thanks, did you list English as your main language? When did you get the NOI?

ft1523

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks, did you list English as your main language? When did you get the NOI?
Yes, and the funny thing is French was really my first language. Here’s my timelime:
March 19 : submit EE
May 19: NOI Ontario
Sep 19:ITA
Oct 19: Submit PR app
April 20: PR Approved.

Go for it and all the best!!
As you can see there’s quite a bit of waiting thus the importance to be patient, but if you do things well there’s a great chance you’ll get it.

Reactions: newbieee21312