+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding my residence in a foreign country

okjaber

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Hi all
I got accepted to University of Alberta (MSc) this Sep but I asked them to defer my admission Jan 2021 (still waiting for the result)

So now, I am a Jordanian citizen who was born and lived my whole life in Kuwait with my family (still do). I read here that cause I live in a different country than my nationality I must show proof of my residence here (ie civil id) which I have and all fine. But, on my Kuwaiti civil id they write my passport number on it. And cause my passport will be renewed the following week I must edit the passport no. on my civil id (ask for information change) but I can’t change it now cause everything is closed cause of covid19.
So is it fine to apply for a study permit like that ? Is there an option to attach a copy of my old passport to show that the passport no. in my id is my previous passport’s no. ??

And do I need to wait for a new offer letter (Jan 2021 admission) before applying ?

Thanks all

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
it’s not the same as my concern but thanks. I guess my situation is a bit unique.
What I would suggest is that there is a space for uploading additional files. Take a scan of your old passport and upload it. In your letter of explanation mention that your national id has the passport number of your old passport and you were unable to get it changed due to COVID-19. Your national id would have other identifiers such as photo, name, date of birth etc, so don't worry.You just need to clarify to them that the reason of passport number mismatch.

Reactions: okjaber

okjaber

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
What I would suggest is that there is a space for uploading additional files. Take a scan of your old passport and upload it. In your letter of explanation mention that your national id has the passport number of your old passport and you were unable to get it changed due to COVID-19. Your national id would have other identifiers such as photo, name, date of birth etc, so don't worry.You just need to clarify to them that the reason of passport number mismatch.
Thanks