Dec 24, 2012

I want to know if that firm is good
McLennan Ross
http://www.mross.com
any comments about it
Most Canadians lawyers do not give me clear answer about my mails
But mostly the same reply
Replies, such as (Yes, we can help you
But you must pay XXX in order to book consult)
I start think I talking with Bots or they do not even read my letters or just automatic reply
Most Canadian immigration lawyers are very bad
For example, when I ask them several questions
they Answer one question and ignore the other questions
They talk about money before any information
How i can guarantee I do not get the answer I knew previously?
I do not want to pay my money to get the same answers that I know
I found the immigration consultant but he is also not perfect
When I send him a questions in mail
he just answer one point and ignores the other points
He now wants $ 1,500 to open a file And start helping me
increasing your probability of being issued student visas. We could open one file for $1,500
He works in McLennan Ross
So I want to sure from them
and
I want to know
if 1500usd reasonable amount
and
How i can guarantee my money?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your situation

Most Lawyers wont give you a clear answer, thats the reason they are lawyers. Its part of the job until they see $$$
When you ask them several questions generally they'll answer 1 because if they answer all your questions you are basically getting a free service/advice. Thats obviously not why they went to law school. They've been shafted since 1st year and its high time they see some money. Not all are greedy its just that they have been in the short end of the stick for so many years in law school that they are really really hungry for money now.

There is a way to deal with lawyers and most of it should be in writing. You have to ask them the right questions. Money is obviously involved,. You have to pay something to get something.

Immigration consultants arent really lawyers, anyone can be an immigration consultant. But some maybe good, because they have been doing it for a while.

I would suggest contact multiple consultants and multiple lawyers and see if there is a general consensus about how much they ask for. Either ways you need to spend some money. Good luck

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Immigration forms are very simple and you can go through the guide to fill in the form.
However, if you want to know a specific thing then take an appointment with an Immigration Lawyer.
They charge approximately $75 to $100 per hour in GTA.
Keep your questions ready and take answers from them 'one on one'

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Unless you have a complicated case, I wouldn't bother hiring a lawyer or a consultant. They aren't going to do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. Generally speaking, it's a waste of money unless you are truly stuck.

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
I understand your situation

Most Lawyers wont give you a clear answer, thats the reason they are lawyers. Its part of the job until they see $$$
When you ask them several questions generally they'll answer 1 because if they answer all your questions you are basically getting a free service/advice. Thats obviously not why they went to law school. They've been shafted since 1st year and its high time they see some money. Not all are greedy its just that they have been in the short end of the stick for so many years in law school that they are really really hungry for money now.

There is a way to deal with lawyers and most of it should be in writing. You have to ask them the right questions. Money is obviously involved,. You have to pay something to get something.

You're right

Immigration consultants arent really lawyers, anyone can be an immigration consultant. But some maybe good, because they have been doing it for a while.
This is the details of immigration consultant
I'm thinking in dealing with him:
-------------------------------
•Served for more than 20 years with Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) as a Senior Immigration & Visa Officer and with Canada Customs
•Worked for several years as a Diplomat at the Canadian Embassy in Iran and the Canadian High Commission in India
•Served as the primary officer of the CIC Prairie Region Temporary Foreign Worker Unit for the first two years of its operations and was based at the CIC National Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta
•Experienced in many areas of immigration through his work with the public service and private consulting
-----------------------------------------
It seems to me that good
What do you think?

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Immigration forms are very simple and you can go through the guide to fill in the form.
Yes, I know
But I'm confused
As I'm not Alone also there is also my family
They charge approximately $75 to $100 per hour in GTA.
Excuse me: whats GTA? firm or what?

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Unless you have a complicated case, I wouldn't bother hiring a lawyer or a consultant. They aren't going to do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. Generally speaking, it's a waste of money unless you are truly stuck.
Yes, my case is complicated
and I am not alone and there is also my family
We differ in our circumstances
anyway i think newtone know all my story

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good, looks like he knows his stuff. See what his clients or other people have said about him. You can search this on google.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
GTA means, Grater Toronto Area.
I thought you are in Canada, hence I gave approximate Lawyer's per hour rate.