+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding family sponsorship forms

Apr 27, 2016
Hi guys, i am a Canadian citizen, and trying to fill out the family sponsorship forms for my wife, but i am confused about whether or not i should fill out the following forms:
1) additional family information
2) background declaration
3) Photos

I know that my wife, as the applicant, needs to fill out the above and submit her photos. But it says that each family member of the applicant needs to fill out the forms as well as submitting photos for them. So me, her husband, also the sponsor in this case, do I need to fill out the above forms and submit photos?

Thanks in advance!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
No, the sponsor does not have to fill out these forms or have photos taken.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
braveheart0707 said:
Hi guys, i am a Canadian citizen, and trying to fill out the family sponsorship forms for my wife, but i am confused about whether or not i should fill out the following forms:
1) additional family information
2) background declaration
3) Photos

I know that my wife, as the applicant, needs to fill out the above and submit her photos. But it says that each family member of the applicant needs to fill out the forms as well as submitting photos for them. So me, her husband, also the sponsor in this case, do I need to fill out the above forms and submit photos?

Thanks in advance!
Where is your wife from? You need to consult the country specific guide for all the required forms. Each guide has a checklist that tells you what to include.

Immigration photos vary per guide.

You as the aoonsor have different forms to fill and you can find them listed on the regular sponsor checklist.

Your wife will do her own forms. Be aware however that on form imm1344 for the sponsor, your wife nweds to sign this form as well as you.

Apr 27, 2016
Gary_87 said:
Where is your wife from? You need to consult the country specific guide for all the required forms. Each guide has a checklist that tells you what to include.

Immigration photos vary per guide.

You as the aoonsor have different forms to fill and you can find them listed on the regular sponsor checklist.

Your wife will do her own forms. Be aware however that on form imm1344 for the sponsor, your wife nweds to sign this form as well as you.
She is from China.

I am following the document check list closely, but as i was saying, all three of the above says in their description that "all family members 18 years or older needs to fill out this form as well, and submit their photo as well".

so i guess i am being too logical about this, but me, being both the sponsor AND the applicant's "family member 18 years or older", do I need to fill out these forms, and take photos, or not?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
braveheart0707 said:
She is from China.

I am following the document check list closely, but as i was saying, all three of the above says in their description that "all family members 18 years or older needs to fill out this form as well, and submit their photo as well".

so i guess i am being too logical about this, but me, being both the sponsor AND the applicant's "family member 18 years or older", do I need to fill out these forms, and take photos, or not?
If you're the sponsor this doesn't apply to you.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
braveheart0707 said:
She is from China.

What CIC means by family members 18 or over is family members included in the application. This would be the applicant and any dependants she has. If she has no children then it would be just her to fill the forms and submit the photos. You are not included in the application for PR as you are the sponsor and are already a Canadian. The amount of photos required varies by region so make sure to check the region specific guidelines.