+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding CIT 0002 (2017)

LoganWick

Jun 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I would be applying for Citizenship soon. I have couple of questions regarding CIT 0002 form. I will appreciate if someone who has successfully completed the application can shed some light on the following:

1. Question 6D - You must include photocopies of the biographical pages of any passports or travel documents you held in the (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a PR if this happened less than six years ago.
  • I want to make sure if we are required to provide copy of other pages of the passport i.e. entry/exit stamps and other visas. I did come across some posts where people did provide copy of other passport pages,
  • Photocopies should be simple copy or notarized? My passport is in English and all the stamps are in English.
2. Question 6G - Addresses in the past (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, which ever is MOST RECENT. List all your Canadian and overseas addresses in the relevant period including the postal codes. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada during this time, you must indicate all your foreign addresses.
  • Inside Canada, I have constantly lived at the same place since I became a Canadian PR. However I have spent 3-4 weeks (vacation) outside Canada after becoming a PR. Some days were spent in US and some in Europe. When filling out the table 6G am i supposed to provide date and addresses where i stayed outside Canada even if I am visiting for a few days? I know we are supposed to declare all the trips made outside Canada for physical presence calculator, which i did.
3. Question 6H.C Work and Education History for the relevant period:
  • I had 2 jobs over the relevant period. I am submitting employer letters along with application to back up the dates that I am entering in the 6H.C table. Is there anything else i need to provide as a proof i.e. T4 or other?

Thank you !!!

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I would be applying for Citizenship soon. I have couple of questions regarding CIT 0002 form. I will appreciate if someone who has successfully completed the application can shed some light on the following:

1. Question 6D - You must include photocopies of the biographical pages of any passports or travel documents you held in the (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a PR if this happened less than six years ago.
  • I want to make sure if we are required to provide copy of other pages of the passport i.e. entry/exit stamps and other visas. I did come across some posts where people did provide copy of other passport pages,
  • Photocopies should be simple copy or notarized? My passport is in English and all the stamps are in English.
2. Question 6G - Addresses in the past (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, which ever is MOST RECENT. List all your Canadian and overseas addresses in the relevant period including the postal codes. If you were residing, employed or attending school outside Canada during this time, you must indicate all your foreign addresses.
  • Inside Canada, I have constantly lived at the same place since I became a Canadian PR. However I have spent 3-4 weeks (vacation) outside Canada after becoming a PR. Some days were spent in US and some in Europe. When filling out the table 6G am i supposed to provide date and addresses where i stayed outside Canada even if I am visiting for a few days? I know we are supposed to declare all the trips made outside Canada for physical presence calculator, which i did.
  • I had 2 jobs over the relevant period. I am submitting employer letters along with application to back up the dates that I am entering in the 6H.C table. Is there anything else i need to provide as a proof i.e. T4 or other?

Thank you !!!

Hello,

• I want to make sure if we are required to provide copy of other pages of the passport i.e. entry/exit stamps and other visas. I did come across some posts where people did provide copy of other passport pages
No, you will only provide the photocopy of the bio page of your passport (the page where your picture and bio info exist) No other pages are needed.
Just simple photocopies, not notarized.

No, you don't need to declare those addresses, if they were only vacations.

You don't even have to submit employer letters. No T4 either. Just write the informations in the table and nothing else. All those extra documents, send them only if they ask.

Good luck

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hello Everyone,

Only biological pages are needed.
No, your short stay outside Canada will be tracked as part physical presence calculation, you provide the said addresses there

No proof of work need to be submitted with the citizenship application. You take them with you for interview

Reactions: LoganWick

LoganWick

Jun 17, 2017
Thank you for replying. After reading your response it does make sense. All those small vacation trips would be tracked by the physical presence calculator (In the calculator one has to enter dates and reason for being away from Canada). Secondly we should have all the hard copy proofs for the interview especially for those that are not explicitly asked to be submitted in the application.[/QUOTE]

mandeepc

Feb 20, 2017
Hi, on question 9 c) should I put the date my work permit expired or the date I became a PR? For example, I had a work permit valid until June/2015 but in Jan/2015 I became a PR.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Question 6D - You must include photocopies of the biographical pages of any passports or travel documents you held in the (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became a PR if this happened less than six years ago
Just wanted to add that you may be looking at the older form. The new forms don't ask you to go back 6 years.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hi the proof of language, can it be a diploma and TOR from my High School and College?