+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions , please read in thread - sponsorship?

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Toledo_Linda, Jan 16, 2020.

  1. Good day,

    asking for a friend.

    His wife got approved to come on a visitor visa to Canada. He wants to start an application once she is here to do the sponsorship (she is from Ecuador) , is this something which is a good idea?

    Also what is the difference between Inland and Outland?

    I want to make sure he has all the information before he would decide anything. I am not sure if it's something allowed to sponsor someone when they are on a visitor visa. Thank you in advance for assistance.
  2. Yes he can sponsor her on a visitor visa. Inland means that they must cohabit together for the full process of the sponsorship. Outland, they do not need to live together but can both be in Canada. Outland is usually processed a bit quicker than inland.
  3. Oh and inland, she can apply for a work permit whereas outland she can't.
  4. To clarify above, inland requires that they cohabit IN Canada throughout the entire process.

Share This Page