+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions: Online Citizenship Application

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hi All!

I started filling in the online citizenship application and a few questions came up. Your help would be appreciated with the following qiestions:

1. According to the calculator my eligibility period would start on Nov 5,2016.

What start data should I enter for work and address?
I have lived at one address from Sept 2013 until I moved to Canada in Oct 2018. Shall I keep the original start date as submitted in the PR application or I would enter Nov 5,2016 as per calculator?

The same case goes with my work.I have work from June 2010 until Sept 2018. Shall I enter the actual work dates or the start date should be as per calculator?

2. Word and Education secriot contains year and month only. There are no dates.

Say I left a job on May 10 and started a new on on May 20, I have a 10 day gap between the jobs but that will not be visible in the application as it requires month+year only. Is this correct?

Did you enter any education outside higher education? For example I did some courses and additional trainings in larallel while working when I arrived in Canada, bit this is not a degree program.

Thank you in advance!

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi All!

I started filling in the online citizenship application and a few questions came up. Your help would be appreciated with the following qiestions:

1. According to the calculator my eligibility period would start on Nov 5,2016.

What start data should I enter for work and address?
I have lived at one address from Sept 2013 until I moved to Canada in Oct 2018. Shall I keep the original start date as submitted in the PR application or I would enter Nov 5,2016 as per calculator?

The same case goes with my work.I have work from June 2010 until Sept 2018. Shall I enter the actual work dates or the start date should be as per calculator?

2. Word and Education secriot contains year and month only. There are no dates.

Say I left a job on May 10 and started a new on on May 20, I have a 10 day gap between the jobs but that will not be visible in the application as it requires month+year only. Is this correct?

Did you enter any education outside higher education? For example I did some courses and additional trainings in larallel while working when I arrived in Canada, bit this is not a degree program.

Thank you in advance!
1. When your eligibility period starts. In your case, November 5, 2016. Same for the work history.

2. Correct. Better to enter May to May and write unemployed. You can also write an explanation letter and explain it and mention any unemployed period which is less than a month and falls within a single month. I would go with the second option. However, considering the fact that your application is online, and I applied by paper, I’m not sure whether there is an option to upload an explanation letter or not.

Regarding the courses you took, mention all of them. Even if they didn’t lead to a degree. Even English Classes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutherfords

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
1. When your eligibility period starts. In your case, November 5, 2016. Same for the work history.

2. Correct. Better to enter May to May and write unemployed. You can also write an explanation letter and explain it and mention any unemployed period which is less than a month and falls within a single month. I would go with the second option. However, considering the fact that your application is online, and I applied by paper, I’m not sure whether there is an option to upload an explanation letter or not.

Regarding the courses you took, mention all of them. Even if they didn’t led to a degree. Even English Classes!
Thank you for the prompt response @RJ2020!