+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on Visitor Visa

betty1

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hello guys, I have few questions, I wanted to address to those who is aware:

1- 10 years multi visa is received. How many months every entry can this person stay in Canada? is that 6 month limitation or not?
2- After leaving the country how many months this person cannot re-entry to Canada again?
3- If the person has visa, does he need eTA?

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

10 years multi visa is received. How many months every entry can this person stay in Canada? is that 6 month limitation or not?
The person can only *visit* and not *stay* in Canada using a TRV.

The period of authorized stay will be determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry. If no date is handwritten under the entry stamp then the person may remain for 6 months. Otherwise the period of authorized stay is limited to the date written under the stamp.

After leaving the country how many months this person cannot re-entry to Canada again?
There's no such restriction. Having said this, if a person appears to be violating the conditions of a TRV (i.e. by staying long-term instead of visiting) then the person's authorized stay may be limited by the immigration officer or entry may even be denied on subsequent entries.

If the person has visa, does he need eTA?
eTA is for visa-exempt foreign nationals who intend to visit or transit through Canada. Everyone else must apply/get a TRV before traveling to Canada

Hope this helps