+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on getting a work permit

Nique00009

May 5, 2023
I am currently in Canada on a study permit and will be returning home soon. I have to leave based on a scholarship from the Canadian government but would like to return to Canada on a work permit. I am currently working with a resort which provides housing and takes the bill from my paycheck and might be willing to hire me as a permanent employee. My question is, how do I go about getting a work permit? Another question is that seeing as the resort provides housing and takes it from my paycheck, do I still need to show proof of funds? They will not sponsor me but I will be working with them for the summer season and they are willing to give the documents showing that they have hired me as a permanent year round employee. I would also like to bring my bf with me but he is not in Canada and has never been to there but is a skilled worker. I would like to convince the resort to take him on as an employee so that we may work and stay together. What do I do?

CTB

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
It sounds to me like you need to speak to the company and see what they actually want to do. if you want to hire you they will need to make an offer and then request a LMIA which you can then provide at the border..

if they're not willing to do this then you will need to find another company that can..

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am currently in Canada on a study permit and will be returning home soon. I have to leave based on a scholarship from the Canadian government but would like to return to Canada on a work permit. I am currently working with a resort which provides housing and takes the bill from my paycheck and might be willing to hire me as a permanent employee. My question is, how do I go about getting a work permit? Another question is that seeing as the resort provides housing and takes it from my paycheck, do I still need to show proof of funds? They will not sponsor me but I will be working with them for the summer season and they are willing to give the documents showing that they have hired me as a permanent year round employee. I would also like to bring my bf with me but he is not in Canada and has never been to there but is a skilled worker. I would like to convince the resort to take him on as an employee so that we may work and stay together. What do I do?
It’s not that simple that they’ve given you documents. Typically resorts have it on their web site they do NOT sponsor , nor provide an LMIA. They have to do an LMIA showing no one either a Canadian citizen or PR can do the position. And resorts typically aren’t willing to go thru the expense nor time to do this . If the resort isn’t willing to sponsor you , why would they take on your bf as well ? Maybe a WHV . However when I was thinking of heading back out west to work in the Rockies, the FIRST thing on the application was “ Do I require sponsorship?” If I said Yes, I was screened out