+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on Citizenship Test Date

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Got my test invite on Nov.12. Questions for those who did tests:

1. I have one expired passport but it is beyond the 3 yrs residency requirement that is relevent to my application. Shall I bring with it? If yes, shall I bring all copies of pages?

2. My PR card expired? Does it matter?

3. What typical interview questions that CO usually ask?

Thank you guys!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truedream15 said:
Hi Everyone,

Got my test invite on Nov.12. Questions for those who did tests:

1. I have one expired passport but it is beyond the 3 yrs residency requirement that is relevent to my application. Shall I bring with it? If yes, shall I bring all copies of pages?

2. My PR card expired? Does it matter?

3. What typical interview questions that CO usually ask?

Thank you guys!
First congrats on the test invite. Please see my comments below
1. The requirement period is last 4 years from the date of your application not 3 years. So if it falls within 4 years or you have used it to come into Canada then take it. Make copies and translation of stamps if required (any stamp or visa not in english/french even if it is not within your 3/4 yrs residency period)
2. Expired PR card is alright. No issue will arise. Just explain that you do not travel outside.
3. Interview will be like tell me about yourself, your work, why did you travel or unemployed(if any) hobby all general questions to gauge your communication (eng/french)

Hope my answer helps.

read the book twice and then answer as many test as possible.
All the best.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
Thanks for your insights chikloo. Based on what do you say that the passport stamps from the period before becoming a Canadian PR need to be translated? Did they ask you for those translations? My test is next week. I will not be able to have those stamps translated.

Thank you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Just take all the passports in your possession regardless of the officer asks for it or not.

The test invite will state to bring all passports.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
The invitation for test asks for all the passports. It does not ask for their translations. Citizenship application did not ask for translation of passports either.

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
chikloo said:
1. The requirement period is last 4 years from the date of your application not 3 years. So if it falls within 4 years or you have used it to come into Canada then take it. Make copies and translation of stamps if required (any stamp or visa not in english/french even if it is not within your 3/4 yrs residency period)
2. Expired PR card is alright. No issue will arise. Just explain that you do not travel outside.
3. Interview will be like tell me about yourself, your work, why did you travel or unemployed(if any) hobby all general questions to gauge your communication (eng/french)

Hope my answer helps.

All the best.
Thank you for the advice. I guess all 20 questions will be multiple choice questions, right? what is the passing creteria? 16 of 20?

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truedream15 said:
Thank you for the advice. I guess all 20 questions will be multiple choice questions, right? what is the passing creteria? 16 of 20?
Truedream,

I believe is 15/20 = 75%. Someone may correct me if I am wrong. I am taking the Test on Nov 9th. I just drove to the CIC building just to make sure I do not get lost on that day though. Never know...

All the best!!!

SFD

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
SFD said:
Truedream,

I believe is 15/20 = 75%. Someone may correct me if I am wrong. I am taking the Test on Nov 9th. I just drove to the CIC building just to make sure I do not get lost on that day though. Never know...

All the best!!!

SFD
Good luck to you! Which mock tests are you taking? I am using an APP on Iphone. 

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
SFD said:
Truedream,

All the best!!!

SFD
truedream15 said:
Good luck to you! Which mock tests are you taking? I am using an APP on Iphone. 

15/20 is what you need atleast to pass.

Don't just rely on the practice exams and apps. They do twist the words around to make the questions look diffrent. Go over the book at least 2-3 times then do the practice..

Here are some websites that my wife used to practice plus she read the book 3 times and scored 19/20.

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=ON
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp
http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_Test_Index.asp
https://citizenshiptestcanada.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/hello-world/

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
chikloo said:

Hope my answer helps.

All the best.
hi can u please help leting me know . In a domestic argument my wife chopped my passport . I guess i have some o pieces of passport with me should I take them ?