+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions of applying for the Visitor Visa

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by dazzxy, May 13, 2018.

  1. Hello everyone, I'm very new to forums like here for Visas, or whatever.
    My family and I are from Germany, and we decided to spend 2 weeks in Canada for our vacation and just visit Canada as a tourist, obviously. But I have one question, is it better to submit the Visa applications online or with the mail? Is it safe?
    I have one more question, is that bad for a tourist, if one person doesn't speak Englisch or French? Or did the language test? I'm going to translate for my whole family basically everything and I just want to be sure.
  2. Do you have German passports? If yes, you must apply for eTAs (Electronic Travel Authorization). eTAs are not visas. It would allow you to board the flight.

    Application for an eTA is a simple online process
  3. We have, besides one person. That's why I'm asking.
    I know, but I'm asking for more information, is it possible, that someone can be rejected of Visa, because they do not speak English?
  4. No there are no language requirements for visitors.

    I'm applying for my uncle. He works for one of the nationalized bank in India. I'm confused that on one of the forms it says -

    Have you ever held any any government positions (such as civil servants, judge, police officer, etc.)?

    I'm not sure whether answer should be yes/no. I mean whether nationalized bank employees considered as government employees.

    Please advice!
  6. I would not consider your uncle being a "civil servant". Civil servant would be a person on any any level of GOVERNMENT and not government business enterprise . :)
    But you can always mention your doubts in your invitation letter. Like "my uncle doubt that he is a civil servant; however he works at the nationalized bank". Let CIC to decide. :)

Share This Page