+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions in regards to Express Entry

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I've seen quite a few forum members mention that CIC asks for travel history/schedule A at a later date.

From my understanding you submit this info when you're filling out your application for express entry then why do they ask for it again?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As someone who has not got an ITA, I assume it's to verify the applicant's movements and then cross check against factors such as address history, work experience etc.

This is just my guess.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
sonny_saa said:
I've seen quite a few forum members mention that CIC asks for travel history/schedule A at a later date.

From my understanding you submit this info when you're filling out your application for express entry then why do they ask for it again?
While filling the EE profile you wont fill Travel History....

Once you get an ITA.... then u need to fill some blank fields in EE profile where u can see travel history and also previous address u lived in past 10 years or from your 18 years of age....

Schedule A/4/4A are the forms and other additional docs CIC will ask at later stage for some applicants...

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
kvr007 said:
While filling the EE profile you wont fill Travel History....

Once you get an ITA.... then u need to fill some blank fields in EE profile where u can see travel history and also previous address u lived in past 10 years or from your 18 years of age....

Schedule A/4/4A are the forms and other additional docs CIC will ask at later stage for some applicants...
I understand that, hence my question.

I've already filled out all this info during ITA and just sent my application today. I'm pretty sure that everybody who applies through express entry goes through the same process then why're some people getting requests for travel history/background again?

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
sonny_saa said:

I've already filled out all this info during ITA and just sent my application today. I'm pretty sure that everybody who applies through express entry goes through the same process then why're some people getting requests for travel history/background again?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t333045.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t347499.0.html

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
sonny_saa said:

Usually when there is a "yes" answer to any of the statutory questions, or when they need more details or clarification regarding past travels or personal history. May be something as innocent as an applicant putting the wrong dates that they feel need to be corrected, or they may be on the lookout for concerns about an applicant's background in declared military or government activities or prolonged stays or numerous repeated visits in certain countries not explained by employment.

If you answered "no" to all statutory questions, and there are no potential security risks in your travel history or personal history, you likely won't be requested for Schedule A.

Schedules 4 and 4A are only requested to provincial nominees because they somehow do not include this at the start of the eAPR even for those who got an ITA under PNP.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
bellaluna said:
Usually when there is a "yes" answer to any of the statutory questions, or when they need more details or clarification regarding past travels or personal history. May be something as innocent as an applicant putting the wrong dates that they feel need to be corrected, or they may be on the lookout for concerns about an applicant's background in declared military or government activities or prolonged stays or numerous repeated visits in certain countries not explained by employment.

If you answered "no" to all statutory questions, and there are no potential security risks in your travel history or personal history, you likely won't be requested for Schedule A.

Schedules 4 and 4A are only requested to provincial nominees because they somehow do not include this at the start of the eAPR even for those who got an ITA under PNP.
Great answer +1.. To add to this they could also ask a Schedule A when there are gaps within your history.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bellaluna said:
It is advisable to send in Schedule 4 along with the e-APR application because all PNP applicants get this request. I don't see the point in waiting for them to ask this form and then send it. It only delays the processing IMO.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Could it be that they're requesting it from the people who answered "yes" to one or more statutory questions, because you have to actually sign that form, unlike just filling out an online form, as is the case with the Express Entry profile?
I think they want an actual legal document signed by your hand, that has the same purpose as asking statutory questions in the first place.