+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Webinar on 13/8/2020

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Could you please ask why complete applications (with bio and medical) are also being approved only with AIP?
Answered :
Because if you are applying from a country where VFS is still closed like India then no matter even if your application is complete it’ll be still going through 2 stage process as VFS offices aren’t open yet and they won’t be able to stamp your visas.

paulakoga

Aug 12, 2020
Answered :
Because if you are applying from a country where VFS is still closed like India then no matter even if your application is complete it’ll be still going through 2 stage process as VFS offices aren’t open yet and they won’t be able to stamp your visas.
Yeah, makes sense. Thanks!

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Ok, you are referring to when a candidate reapplies. But for the first time application, studying online will be counted towards PGWP. From the day you start the course and not the day study permit is issued.
This applies only if you apply before September 15 ofcourse.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Ok, you are referring to when a candidate reapplies. But for the first time application, studying online will be counted towards PGWP. From the day you start the course and not the day study permit is issued.
Just for the sake of clarity, I will rephrase the question as follows,

"Suppose if I start my course online without stage 1 approval and if my application is refused at stage 1, and post approval if I reapply for study permit before September 15, will the time I spent studying the course online be counted towards PGWP?" ---> I think this is a valid confusing question to be asked as it hasn't been raised in previous webinars to the best of my knowledge.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Answered :

But this statement from IRCC webinar contradicts to the statement from IRCC Twitter handle page.

“ Study permit applications will be processed normally if you were able to submit a complete application. The 2 stage processing only applies to those who could not submit all required documents. ”

We must ask them to explain about these two different statements from IRCC for the same question clearly in the upcoming webinar

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
But this statement from IRCC webinar contradicts to the statement from IRCC Twitter handle page.

“ Study permit applications will be processed normally if you were able to submit a complete application. The 2 stage processing only applies to those who could not submit all required documents. ”

We must ask them to explain about these two different statements from IRCC for the same question clearly in the upcoming webinar
But they reiterated by saying in one of the webinars that they are processing all applications by 2 stage process right now.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020

Please record the webinar like the last time you did.

One of the documents required in the later stage for a complete application is your passport. Since it cant be given. We will get 2 stage approval.

I am not sure why people are asking about VAC reopening. It doesn't matter if VACs are open or not. We cannot travel now. Also the courses will be online. Even if you travel you cant attend in person classes. Considering this, it would be cheaper if you study from India.

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Just for the sake of clarity, I will rephrase the question as follows,

"Suppose if I start my course online without stage 1 approval and if my application is refused at stage 1, and post approval if I reapply for study permit before September 15, will the time I spent studying the course online be counted towards PGWP?" ---> I think this is a valid confusing question to be asked as it hasn't been raised in previous webinars to the best of my knowledge.
Check this news for your answer; https://www.cicnews.com/2020/08/online-study-done-before-study-permit-approval-counts-toward-pgwp-0815230.html#gs.d8clr5

Hope this was helpful.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
But they reiterated by saying in one of the webinars that they are processing all applications by 2 stage process right now.
That’s where the confusion is...
The statement that all complete and incomplete applications will be processed by 2 stage processing in the webinar was told on August 7th or 8th and the statement on the twitter handle which says only incomplete applications will be processed in 2 stage was posted on 9th August.
They are really confusing us.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
The statement that all complete and incomplete applications will be processed by 2 stage processing in the webinar was told on August 7th or 8th and the statement on the twitter handle which says only incomplete applications will be processed in 2 stage was posted on 9th August.

Twitter handle is common for the entire world. Don't read too much into it.
In India until further notice, it will be 2 stage approval for everyone.

A1S

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Please ask them the specific meaning of this statement "Our aim is to pass most applications through stage 1 before the fall semester starts". What exact definition and date is there for the start of the fall semester, because classes start at different dates for every university? So by what date will they try to process all study permit applications?

Reactions: sangar_si

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
27 f
when did you apply and when was your appliaction processed in gcms notes?
27 feb applied woth upfront medicle
bio 2nd march
review of elegibilty started 3rd march
medicle passed 3rd march
16th march notes of gcms shows interview recomended .after that no updates.
gcms notes gor in may amd june both are same no change

Reactions: row.one

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
Let me explain, if you are applying from India or from a country where VACs are still closed, then your application will be assessed through two stage process, irrespective of the complete or incomplete status of the application. The reason for that is VACs are not only responsible for bio-metrics collection and paper applications submission, but also they accept and handle the passports which are up for stamping and return them (including the ones submitted with paper application) to their owner. IRCC don't have a mechanism of their own to do so the above mentioned processes as they outsourced it to VFS like many other nations.

Now you might be wondering what is the significance of having a complete application if it will be treated the same way as others. Here are some benefits(for Indian applicants):-
1. If you are applying through SDS stream, then your application is processed under this stream only if you submitted a complete application otherwise it will be considered a general stream application even if you meet the former's eligibility criteria.
2. Once the VACs reopen, while the others will still require to complete bio-metrics which will take longer time as there is a limit to the appointments that can be done for a day, to get the passport submission request. Whereas the complete ones will get that request without any waiting, and as per my knowledge no appointment requirement for passport submission is required. So, you will get your visa stamped earlier.

Reactions: Mandalorian