+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Travel after Oath

tovipinjain

May 18, 2018
Hi Fellow members, first of all thank you in advance for your reply.

My citizenship oath is scheduled for September 5th and I have flight booked to go to India on Oct 6th that I can't change. Here are my questions:
- I can see online tracker it says Citizenship oath is scheduled for Septmber 5th but I havent received anything in the mail or email - is this normal?
- Can I apply for a citizenship e-certificate? I have applied for Citizenship in 2020, Am I eligible?
- How long does it take for an e-certificate to arrive?
- Do you think I will have enough time to get the certificate and apply for a passport?

lastly, I try calling the contact centre many times but no luck as they just say they are getting lot of calls so not able to transfer mine. If I have to postpone the test is there any other way as webform or call centre takes a lot of time and I dont know if I can get infront of them by Sept 5th

Reactions: ppcg2510

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

My citizenship oath is scheduled for September 5th and I have flight booked to go to India on Oct 6th that I can't change. Here are my questions:
- I can see online tracker it says Citizenship oath is scheduled for Septmber 5th but I havent received anything in the mail or email - is this normal?
- Can I apply for a citizenship e-certificate? I have applied for Citizenship in 2020, Am I eligible?
- Do you think I will have enough time to get the certificate and apply for a passport?

lastly, I try calling the contact centre many times but no luck as they just say they are getting lot of calls so not able to transfer mine. If I have to postpone the test is there any other way as webform or call centre takes a lot of time and I dont know if I can get infront of them by Sept 5th
Yes you will enough time, as soon as you get the ecertificate go to nearest Passport Canada office (not service Canada) and apply for urgent passport. Once you get the Canadian passport apply for eVisa for India.
Since you have a few days left before you Oath, prepare your passport application and keep your eVisa application ready
PS: Indian passport cancellation and surrender of Indian citizenship is not mandatory for eVisa

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Yes you will enough time, as soon as you get the ecertificate go to nearest Passport Canada office (not service Canada) and apply for urgent passport. Once you get the Canadian passport apply for eVisa for India.
Since you have a few days left before you Oath, prepare your passport application and keep your eVisa application ready
PS: Indian passport cancellation and surrender of Indian citizenship is not mandatory for eVisa
So one can travel to India without the surrender certificate too? i.e., a surrender certificate is not required to travel to India, even if you are going for 6 months?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
So one can travel to India without the surrender certificate too? i.e., a surrender certificate is not required to travel to India, even if you are going for 6 months?
Haan chalega...
Surrender Certificate is not a travel document re...
Do not use Indian passport anywhere...

Reactions: Sapru

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017

September 21 -Oath ceremony on zoom - 8.30 am.

September 21 - e-certificate downloaded on at 4pm

September 22- went to passport office at 9am for urgent passport application.

September 23 - scheduled to receive Canadian passport at 11am.

Reactions: ppcg2510

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
September 21 -Oath ceremony on zoom - 8.30 am.

September 21 - e-certificate downloaded on at 4pm

September 22- went to passport office at 9am for urgent passport application.

September 23 - scheduled to receive Canadian passport at 11am.
I am assuming all the Septembers are actually Augusts :) Also, what proof did they ask for urgent passport application and what is the additional fee you had to pay for it? And which passport office did you go to?

tovipinjain

May 18, 2018
I have the oath ceremony as per online Tracker on Sept 5th but i didn't receive any invitation by email or mail yet. Is this normal?

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
I am assuming all the Septembers are actually Augusts :) Also, what proof did they ask for urgent passport application and what is the additional fee you had to pay for it? And which passport office did you go to?
Hahah yeah thanks for pointing out.
Just flight tickets. Went to the passport office at 700 Victoria street ( downtown Toronto).
Went at 9 am and was done submitting application by 11.30am and received passport the.next day at 11.
Additional fee for urgent processing was $110.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hahah yeah thanks for pointing out.
Just flight tickets. Went to the passport office at 700 Victoria street ( downtown Toronto).
Went at 9 am and was done submitting application by 11.30am and received passport the.next day at 11.
Additional fee for urgent processing was $110.
Lol, may be a rookie question.. flight tickets are booked using passport number and if Canada passport hasn't been issued yet, how can one book ticket beforehand without the passport number?