+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for student permit! Please Help

rickelparrit

Jun 20, 2016
I received a late offer to the U of Calgary and have a few questions of the documents for the online application student permit
I have to fill out 2 forms the Family Information (IMM5645) and App for Study Permit outside of Canada (IMM1294)
I really don´t know which form should be downloaded and signed and which one will be electronically signed?

In the part about proof of financial support is it okay that I only submit bank statements and employment letter from my dad or do I have to make a letter that explains that my father will be paying for my collegue as those bank statements are from him and I am 17 years old?

In another checklist (not the one on my CIC portal) there is one thing called custodian declaration and needs to be filled if I am 17 years or less (I dont remember well as I cant found it) , if I am going to be 18 when I arrive to canda but I am 17 when aplying for the student permit, do I need to fill the form?

Is it recomended to submit a Letter of Explanation as it is an optional document?

Do I need to submit a transcript and proof that I can talk english (TOEFL)?

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
You download both forms and fill them then you sign the family one. The application form will be electronically signed when you submit all documents. I think if you're less than 18 years old your father should be the one signing it.

For financial support, you need to submit bank statements, your father's employment letter and sponsorship letter which declares that he will be providing you with money throughout your study period and it doesn't have a specific way of typing.

Providing IELTS/TOEFL and transcript would strengthen your application.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1: From what I can see on the document check list and all you have stated so far. You will need: Family Information (IMM5645), App for Study Permit outside of Canada (IMM1294) and custodian declaration (IMM 5646). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5483e.pdf

2: If the form is electronically filled in some cases then you can electronically signed it i.e type in your full name in the declaration portion. That should be enough i think.

3: Financial proof: submit bank statements and employment letter from your dad.

4: custodian declaration; CiC states that it must filled if the minor studying is less than 17 years old in Canada. Treat this way, right now you are a minor so do everything that is required from a minor - fill the form and make the declaration just to be safe. I couldn't say don't fill it because you are turning 18 years soon. If it ends up being an extra effort that is a good thing.

5: If you really have something to explain then attach a letter of explanation e.g how you came to choose Canada, your program, what you intend to gain from your studies, and you can also explain how a study permit can help you reach your goal, etc.

6: TOEFL: language proficiency is mostly required for permanent residence applications and not for study permit application. Language proficiency could be required by your institution of study so check with your school.

7: Unless the rules have changed, you will need an academic transcript.

rickelparrit

Jun 20, 2016
Retribution Seeker said:
You download both forms and fill them then you sign the family one. The application form will be electronically signed when you submit all documents. I think if you're less than 18 years old your father should be the one signing it.

For financial support, you need to submit bank statements, your father's employment letter and sponsorship letter which declares that he will be providing you with money throughout your study period and it doesn't have a specific way of typing.

Providing IELTS/TOEFL and transcript would strengthen your application.
So the family should be printed then scanned?

My father can do the letter or do I have to go with a public notary

and in which part do you submit toefl and the transcript?

I know I did a lot of questions but I want to be sure

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
rickelparrit said:
So the family should be printed then scanned?

My father can do the letter or do I have to go with a public notary

and in which part do you submit toefl and the transcript?

I know I did a lot of questions but I want to be sure
You can do print and scan or you can use the signature tool to sign it without printing.
Your father MUST be the one doing it and put his signature on it then scan it and upload it.
Apparently transcript and toefl if needed they will ask you to upload it but no need to.

rickelparrit

Jun 20, 2016
Papa Bomboy said:
6: TOEFL: language proficiency is mostly required for permanent residence applications and not for study permit application. Language proficiency could be required by your institution of study so check with your school.

7: Unless the rules have changed, you will need an academic transcript.
Where should I upload the transcript and the TOEFL?
In the explanation letter or in the conditional acceptance letter(conditionally accepted until my final transcript is delivered)?