+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions for Soft landing - Good Accompanying/Good to follow

shallowpurple

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
One of my acquaintances recently obtained PR and is planning a soft landing in May 2024. They are seeking advice on how to approach the soft landing. They are an elderly couple (retired, 70 and 60 years old) and will be staying with their immediate family members.

1. We are unaware of the current process as we completed our PR/landing process almost a decade ago. We provided them with a sample list and directed them to https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/form-b4-goods-to-follow-accompanying-list-how-to.44793/. Can anyone who recently completed a soft landing validate that these instructions are still valid?
  2. Are there any recommendations or considerations for an elderly couple planning a soft landing? They plan to stay for 5-6 months every year until they ultimately decide to move to Canada.
  3. As we know, life is unpredictable, and they want to play it safe (and possibly keep this PR as an option should they need to stay with their immediate family member). Any thoughts?
  4. Any advice for what to do as soon as they land? We advised them to apply for their PR card, Health card (with a 3-month waiting time), etc.
  5. They will be landing at Calgary Airport. Is there anything specific to Calgary they should prepare for?

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
My son just soft-landed and they barely asked him any questions, maybe because he is a dependent? They didn't look at the declaration forms, didn't ask him about funds, they just asked him if he were single and had children and a question about me....

But every case is different with different officers, as well