Med's Done....
27/06/2016
Passport Req..
07/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
14/03/2017
LANDED..........
18/05/2017
Hi! I've been trying to get my head around these forms that you have to fill in before officially landing in Canada.

1. The PR Card application - On CIC's website it says "New permanent residents don’t need to apply for a PR card. We will send one to you when you immigrate to Canada if you tell us your Canadian mailing address." I don't need to fill one of these forms then? All I need to do is tell them my address on where I intend to live and they take care of the rest of the paperwork?

2. Goods Accompanying & Customs Declaration form (Forgive me on this question if it's silly) - Do I put the address of where I intend to live in Canada instead of where I was previously living in England?

3. Are you required to bring passport sized photos with you during the process? I thought CIC had all the photos they needed to issue out the PR card once you have sorted out all the forms.

Thanks everyone!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Charl00Char said:
Hi! I've been trying to get my head around these forms that you have to fill in before officially landing in Canada.

1. The PR Card application - On CIC's website it says "New permanent residents don’t need to apply for a PR card. We will send one to you when you immigrate to Canada if you tell us your Canadian mailing address." I don't need to fill one of these forms then? All I need to do is tell them my address on where I intend to live and they take care of the rest of the paperwork?

2. Goods Accompanying & Customs Declaration form (Forgive me on this question if it's silly) - Do I put the address of where I intend to live in Canada instead of where I was previously living in England?

3. Are you required to bring passport sized photos with you during the process? I thought CIC had all the photos they needed to issue out the PR card once you have sorted out all the forms.

Thanks everyone!
1) No. They update your address (if necessary) when you land.

2) Your address in Canada.

3) You should have sent pictures at some point. It's part of the requirements.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Charl00Char said:
Wot aquakitty said.

You should NOT have to provide additional photos specifically for your PR card.

They will use the same photos you submitted with your spousal sponsorship application (and / or ask for additional photos at a later stage, but prior to final approval of your spousal sponsorship application).

I asked the same question myself a few months ago!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Hurlabrick said:
Wot aquakitty said.

You should NOT have to provide additional photos specifically for your PR card.

They will use the same photos you submitted with your spousal sponsorship application (and / or ask for additional photos at a later stage, but prior to final approval of your spousal sponsorship application).

I asked the same question myself a few months ago!
You only bring new photos if CIC asked you to bring them when you get your COPR. When my spouse got the COPR, it has instructions to bring photos along. In fact it did not say what to do with the pictures (send to CIC or bring them), and I asked via case specific inquiry, which I did get a response after 4 weeks.

That was a time when CIC switched specs on the photos, and the ones sent in were of different sizes. When we landed, the officer did not ask for the new photos. I said that we got these instructions, so please just include them on the application in case they are really needed. He did that, and we did not get any trouble as some others around this forum did during the same period of time.

If your COPR did not include instructions to bring photos, then you would not need new ones.