+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions: Extend PGWP due Passport Expire and PGWP and SP

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Hi there, let's see if someone is in the same situation that I am.

I am studying a Business Administration Diploma, with major in Accounting, that I probably will finish in Dec/2016, so my Study Permit, Permission to Work Off Campus and SIN Card will expire in March 30, 2016, but in the middle of January 2016 I will require my extension, proofing that:

01.1 I have enough money to cover my expenses (remaining tuition and life costs) to the remaining period;
01.2 I am going start a new job in January, so I am going to attach the job offer letter (Accounting Technician and Articling CPA) from a big accounting company (not Big 4);
01.3 Letter of the College informing my current status, the date that I will probably graduate and remaining costs;
01.4 Any other document that I judge that is important to attach.

In January of 2017, if everything goes right I will require the PGWP, but I will hold an almost expired passport, I made a new passport this year and my Country only expire 3 years valid passports, so in September of 2018 my passport will expire, now I have a few questions about it:

a. I have the right to get 2 or 3 years of PGWP (my program is 2 years and 4 months), but I am pretty sure that the PGWP will expire with the same date as my passport, I made a little research over here and I found that some users that required the extension of the PGWP in same situations that mine (they made it by paper application), now I just want to know if anybody has any similar cases more recently?

b. Also, during the PGWP I need to attend some courses due my CPA designation that I have plans to do it, in the same way, I made a little research over here and found some cases with users holding a PGWP and got a SP approved to follow their designations studies. Is anybody here in same situation right now?

Thanks a lot.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Just to update.

For my "a" question, an orientation is over here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pgwp-duration-if-passport-expires-t368167.0.html

Thanks again.