+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions concerning presenting travel information

g.huseyn

Dec 2, 2017
1) I have traveled from moscow to thailand, but have stayed in Qatar for one day as a transit. Should I also present traveling to Qatar? If yes, how? Should it be like Moscow>Qatar, Qatar>Phuket, Phuket>Qatar, Qatar>Moscow?
2) For several years I have required funds in my account, should I provide justification for the source of funds?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Answers in Red

1) I have traveled from moscow to thailand, but have stayed in Qatar for one day as a transit. Should I also present traveling to Qatar? If yes, how? Should it be like Moscow>Qatar, Qatar>Phuket, Phuket>Qatar, Qatar>Moscow?
You don't need to gather PCC from qatar. Please note the CIC instruction below.
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory
2) For several years I have required funds in my account, should I provide justification for the source of funds?
If you are in shortage of funds, ask your family or friend to gift the amount and include the gift deed for such amount.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
1. Did you leave the airport in Qatar? If not don't mention it. If yes you should mention it, as you actually entered Qatar, and for a reason of visit put "transit". Anyway, this is what I would do.
2. For prove of founds you need a letter from your bank with information required by CIC such as 6 months balance etc, nothing else is required.

What we accept as proof
Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access them to use to settle here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months