+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about working in Canada... Please help needed

frafrafrafra

May 31, 2015
Hello! :) :) I am italian and I live in Italy. Two months ago I obtained canadian citizenship beacause my mother is candian. In a week I'm leaving for Canada, I'm going to stay at my grandmother's house for one month and a half. For this period of time I'd like to work so my question is: Can I just go and ask for a social insurance number and then start to look for a job or do I need to reside in Canada for some period of time? Then for how long? Basically I would like to know what I need to do or have to work in Canada already having my citizenship. Thanks in advance for the help. ;D ;D ;D

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
frafrafrafra said:
Hello! :) :) I am italian and I live in Italy. Two months ago I obtained canadian citizenship beacause my mother is candian. In a week I'm leaving for Canada, I'm going to stay at my grandmother's house for one month and a half. For this period of time I'd like to work so my question is: Can I just go and ask for a social insurance number and then start to look for a job or do I need to reside in Canada for some period of time? Then for how long? Basically I would like to know what I need to do or have to work in Canada already having my citizenship. Thanks in advance for the help. ;D ;D ;D
Have your Canadian passport ready, hop on plane. Once there go to Service Canada, they will give you your SIN and off job hunting.