+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about work requirements

midari

Nov 12, 2020
Hi , I am a medical student and I want to go to canada as soon as I finish my degree so here are my questions:
1- Since I want to go asap I want to start a part time job and was offered by a relative a job offer however it a level B job that does not require a degree as I will learnon the job , will I get into any problems for working in a job diffent then my medical degree.
2-If my primary occupation will be this level B job will I need and eca from MCC or will WES be enough, as I am not planning on working as a doctor in Canada.
3-Is a reference letter all I need as proof for work, or do I need other documents such as proof of pay or adherence to the social security, because in my country you can't join the social security program if you work less then 20 hours per week , and I am planningon working 12 only.
Thank you all.

Reactions: khan7i

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , I am a medical student and I want to go to canada as soon as I finish my degree so here are my questions:
1- Since I want to go asap I want to start a part time job and was offered by a relative a job offer however it a level B job that does not require a degree as I will learnon the job , will I get into any problems for working in a job diffent then my medical degree.
2-If my primary occupation will be this level B job will I need and eca from MCC or will WES be enough, as I am not planning on working as a doctor in Canada.
3-Is a reference letter all I need as proof for work, or do I need other documents such as proof of pay or adherence to the social security, because in my country you can't join the social security program if you work less then 20 hours per week , and I am planningon working 12 only.
Thank you all.
1. No issue once you have PR. You can work any job once you have PR.
2. WES is probably enough however you'll need to see how your education is assessed through WES.
3. You should be able to provide proof of pay as well.

midari

Nov 12, 2020
1. No issue once you have PR. You can work any job once you have PR.
2. WES is probably enough however you'll need to see how your education is assessed through WES.
3. You should be able to provide proof of pay as well.
Hello, thank you so much, one more question if I may , I don't understand point 3, what do you mean by "I should" is it a requirment , or will my chances of beign refused increase if i don't .
thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, thank you so much, one more question if I may , I don't understand point 3, what do you mean by "I should" is it a requirment , or will my chances of beign refused increase if i don't .
thank you.
Your chances of being refused increase if you don't. The work experience has to be paid to count under Express Entry. You should have some way to easily show that you were paid for the work you did.

midari

Nov 12, 2020
Your chances of being refused increase if you don't. The work experience has to be paid to count under Express Entry. You should have some way to easily show that you were paid for the work you did.
are pay stubs enough? because I will be only working for 2 years and I will not finish my study programe untill 3 years so bank statements won't show proof of pay.
Last question if you can answer when we are studying it is said the work need to be continuous, does this mean I will need to work for 2 years without break or holidays and do paid holydays count?
thanks again