+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Work permit Extenstion

pb1914

Nov 28, 2019
I have few questions as below on work permit extension :
  1. i came to Canada on SOWP and if change the Employment location which is mentioned on my work permit , i would not be able to apply for work permit extension on my spouse, is it correct ?
  2. Is there any Criteria for Salary for both combined for work permit extension ?
  3. Once my Sposue get a work permit after study completed , i need to apply for a work permit extension so till decision come , i can work till that time,correct ? Do i need to apply for restoration status , If yes, how many days i can stay and work ?
  4. Is Category 0,A,B compulsory for spouse ?
  5. i came here on SOWP, can i apply for a PNP program ?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I have few questions as below on work permit extension :
  1. i came to Canada on SOWP and if change the Employment location which is mentioned on my work permit , i would not be able to apply for work permit extension on my spouse, is it correct ?
  2. Is there any Criteria for Salary for both combined for work permit extension ?
  3. Once my Sposue get a work permit after study completed , i need to apply for a work permit extension so till decision come , i can work till that time,correct ? Do i need to apply for restoration status , If yes, how many days i can stay and work ?
  4. Is Category 0,A,B compulsory for spouse ?
  5. i came here on SOWP, can i apply for a PNP program ?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
1. No, with a SOWP you can work wherever you want.
2. No.
3. No, you have to stop work, apply as a visitor. You have to wait until your spouse gets a NOC A, B or C job, has a job description and at least 2 pay stubs, before you can apply for a new SOWP. You can' t work until you get that work permit.
4. Yes, his/her job must be in NOC A, B or O.
5. You have to check the criteria for the PNP you intend to apply for.

pb1914

Nov 28, 2019
HI

1. No, with a SOWP you can work wherever you want.
2. No.
3. No, you have to stop work, apply as a visitor. You have to wait until your spouse gets a NOC A, B or C job, has a job description and at least 2 pay stubs, before you can apply for a new SOWP. You can' t work until you get that work permit.
4. Yes, his/her job must be in NOC A, B or O.
5. You have to check the criteria for the PNP you intend to apply for.
Thanks for the reply.

1. Regarding Question 1 i forgot to mention that they have added a Employment location as specific in my work permit so should i work outside of that location ?
  2. Also, is it compulsory that my spouse should have a full time job in NOC O,A or B. will part time valid for my work permit extension ?
Any answers would be much appreciated.