+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about visa - my case

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hello all. I have a number of questions regarding my application. I want to know what are the chances of getting study permit on basis of my case -

1. I have 10 yr tourist visa of USA
2. I did my bachelor from usa graduated in 2007 - 10 yrs back
3. I have worked in India only for a year after returning but also worked in usa before coming back- total 3.5 years experience. So there is this gap.
4. I m applying under non SPP
5. I m applying to university of windsor for masters program of computer science.. how good is this university??
6. My entire family is settled in usa on green card or citizenship
7. I m showing family sponsorship from father n sister in usa
9. My fathers bank account n sisters will be from usa
10. I m 34 yrs old female
Given all this what are my chances of getting a study permit ?

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Hello all. I have a number of questions regarding my application. I want to know what are the chances of getting study permit on basis of my case -
All the answers are my personal opinion.

1. I have 10 yr tourist visa of USA
2. I did my bachelor from usa graduated in 2007 - 10 yrs back
3. I have worked in India only for a year after returning but also worked in usa before coming back- total 3.5 years experience. So there is this gap.
4. I m applying under non SPP
5. I m applying to university of windsor for masters program of computer science.. how good is this university??
6. My entire family is settled in usa on green card or citizenship
7. I m showing family sponsorship from father n sister in usa
9. My fathers bank account n sisters will be from usa
10. I m 34 yrs old female
Given all this what are my chances of getting a study permit ?
1. This would have a positive impact that you have a travel history, so your visa cant be refused on the grounds of travel history.
2,3. If you can justify your gap and explain why you need to study after such a long period of time, then you can get visa. (Your statement of intent/purpose needs to be very strong).
4. Its fine to apply under non spp, both type of applications are accessed in same manner.
5. University is good, masters graduates can easily apply for permanent residency in ontario, so this would be beneficial to carry out masters in this uni. (Dont expect much from uni, as the best ones in ontario are uni of toronto, uni of waterloo)
6. This would make a negative impact on your profile. (A friend of mine was rejected on the grounds that she would not come back to her home country as her parents were green card holder of usa)
7. Financial sponsorship from your family members would be fine.
You skipped number 8 :D
9. That would be perfectly fine.
10. Fine.
I think chances for your study visa are 50:50.
Personally, I would recommend you to apply direct permanent residency, under express entry. You would be given many points for your experience. So, I think you can qualify for that.

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
1. This would have a positive impact that you have a travel history, so your visa cant be refused on the grounds of travel history.
2,3. If you can justify your gap and explain why you need to study after such a long period of time, then you can get visa. (Your statement of intent/purpose needs to be very strong).
4. Its fine to apply under non spp, both type of applications are accessed in same manner.
5. University is good, masters graduates can easily apply for permanent residency in ontario, so this would be beneficial to carry out masters in this uni. (Dont expect much from uni, as the best ones in ontario are uni of toronto, uni of waterloo)
6. This would make a negative impact on your profile. (A friend of mine was rejected on the grounds that she would not come back to her home country as her parents were green card holder of usa)
10. Fine.
Personally, I would recommend you to apply direct permanent residency, under express entry. You would be given many points for your experience. So, I think you can qualify for that.
Hey Thank you for your response. I have a question about point 4. and point 6. For point 4, how does this sound - I started a company in 2012 - a gaming firm (website) of which I have not been very successful and thus I want to go back to school to learn new skills and restart my career. I mention this becoz I worked tiill 2012 have no proper job after that. I do have a company which I am mentioning not registered though but i do run a website. Point 6 - was ur friend specifically told that she is being rejected student visa due to her parents being Green Card holders ? I own a house here in India and I have not overstayed my visa in america, are these not plus points to convince officer i wont stay back in canada ? These are the two points I am worried about - my gap and my family residing in usa.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you.

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Hey Thank you for your response. I have a question about point 4. and point 6. For point 4, how does this sound - I started a company in 2012 - a gaming firm (website) of which I have not been very successful and thus I want to go back to school to learn new skills and restart my career. I mention this becoz I worked tiill 2012 have no proper job after that. I do have a company which I am mentioning not registered though but i do run a website. Point 6 - was ur friend specifically told that she is being rejected student visa due to her parents being Green Card holders ? I own a house here in India and I have not overstayed my visa in america, are these not plus points to convince officer i wont stay back in canada ? These are the two points I am worried about - my gap and my family residing in usa.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you.
It sounds perfectly fine that you were running a website, and after few years of work, you realised that there is need to upgrade my skills in order to be more successful in my field, and since, there is no age for learning, I felt that I should do that, without any hesitation.
Yes, she was refused that I dont believe that you would return at the end of your stay, to reach this point, I considered your family ties in your home country and in Canada. (Visa officer felt that she would be migrating to US from Canada, so he/she refused her visitor visa)
Since, you have your house in India, it would be a positive point for you. (You should submit the valuation report of this house, and this would also act as a financial support, for completion of your studies)

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
10. Fine.
Hi! I dont gather enough points for PR, I tried that already. Also, I am interested in studying so I am planning on taking this route. But I am quiet nervous. Thanks again for your input. So did you study in Canada ?

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
10. Fine.
10. Fine.
A comprehensive answer, however in my opinion there are 80% chances for study visa in view of very good profile.