+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about the PGWP

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
nothing as of yet.. I am starting to wonder if i should try to flagpole at the niagara border? If I do get the pgwp at the border then that will be good if not then the online app is still being processed. Nothing to lose. Have you thought about flagpoling?
Yea ...i also thought of flagpolling...At Sarnia border not Niagara ....but my friends advised me to wait for the result as the border officers sometimes reject your application without any reason and it can also affect your online aaplication...just one more quenstion ..which province you are in and till what is your study permit valid

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Yea ...i also thought of flagpolling...At Sarnia border not Niagara ....but my friends advised me to wait for the result as the border officers sometimes reject your application without any reason and it can also affect your online aaplication...just one more quenstion ..which province you are in and till what is your study permit valid
Ontario and August 31st. What about you? Can you still try and flagpole if you have passed 90 days since completing your course but if your SP and TRV are still valid?

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
Ontario and August 31st. What about you? Can you still try and flagpole if you have passed 90 days since completing your course but if your SP and TRV are still valid?
I don’t think we can falgpole after 90 days

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
I got an email today that stated application has been updated at 8pm, but there was nothing when i logged in to the IRCC online account

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
You will probably get an approval tommorow for sure....
That wouldnt make sense because I am not even close to the 51 days current processing time mentioned on the CIC website. Also the website says they are currently processing online application received by the 26th April. I submitted mine nearly 2 weeks later than that. Also I am sure there are people on this forum who have been waiting much longer than me.

On the other hand,
I worked out what actually changed on my application. Earlier my application status was 'application submitted' after this email the application status has changed to 'application processing'

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
That wouldnt make sense because I am not even close to the 51 days current processing time mentioned on the CIC website. Also the website says they are currently processing online application received by the 26th April. I submitted mine nearly 2 weeks later than that. Also I am sure there are people on this forum who have been waiting much longer than me.

On the other hand,
I worked out what actually changed on my application. Earlier my application status was 'application submitted' after this email the application status has changed to 'application processing'
Its makinf sense because i have friends who applied on 11,12 and 13 th and already got their work permit..i applied on 10th and still waiting ...today we both are on day 46 ...i think thats pretty close to 51...
Its 51 days not 51 working days

Reactions: jonsnow

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018

On the other hand,
Hey..any update

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018

On the other hand,
Hey, any update for you?? ...i got an update regarding eligibility under review

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hey, any update for you?? ...i got an update regarding eligibility under review
oh nice, reading this forum you should probably have yours approved tomorrow then. This long weekend is going to be one full of celebrations for you! Keep us posted.

Nothing on my end yet

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
oh nice, reading this forum you should probably have yours approved tomorrow then. This long weekend is going to be one full of celebrations for you! Keep us posted.

Nothing on my end yet
Ya....gonna be a long night for me ...LOL...was there anything wrong with your application like part studies and what latter did you attached

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hey

got approved today
Congratulations!!
There was nothing wrong with mine, pretty straightforward. 2 year course, full time enrollment throughout my course, no gaps or breaks. I attached my final transcript and the letter from the registrar.