+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about the imm5524

shero

Oct 27, 2010
[size=10pt]I would like someone to help me about the Questions 14 and 15 and 16 in the application of the travel document IMM5524

i became PR in 1994 and i left Canada in 1999 because of my mother sickness and i had to spent the time with her until she passed away and since that day to 2015 i didn't return to Canada to take my citizenship
the embassy here in Egypt the say i have to fill out the travel document

my question is about number 14 and 15 and 16 , in my case what should i write in it time when i was in egypt last 5 years or time when i was in canada from 1994 to 1999,, it says

Your activities and employment:
Give details of the you have been doing during the past 5 years include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying, etc. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list your activities and
employment from the time you became a permanent resident to present

Can please some one read these 3 questions and help me how to answer them, thank you
[/size]

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
shero said:
I would like someone to help me about the Questions 14 and 15 and 16 in the application of the travel document IMM5524

i became PR in 1994 and i left Canada in 1999 because of my mother sickness and i had to spent the time with her until she passed away and since that day to 2015 i didn't return to Canada to take my citizenship
the embassy here in Egypt the say i have to fill out the travel document

my question is about number 14 and 15 and 16 , in my case what should i write in it time when i was in egypt last 5 years or time when i was in canada from 1994 to 1999,, it says

Your activities and employment:
Give details of the you have been doing during the past 5 years include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying, etc. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list your activities and
employment from the time you became a permanent resident to present

Can please some one read these 3 questions and help me how to answer them, thank you
If the last time you were in Canada was in 1999, it is not clear to me why you think you will be issued a PR Travel Document and allowed to retain your PR status. I understand you were abroad due to your mother's illness and that she has passed away, for which you have my condolences, but if it has been fifteen years since the last time you were in Canada it is difficult to see how you could make a sufficient H & C case to convince Canada you should be allowed to retain your PR status.

Because of that, if for whatever reason you nonetheless think you should or could be allowed to keep PR status, you should at least consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer (not sure how that is done from abroad, but it appears you really need that level of assistance to have any chance at all).

The critical part of the form for you appears to be item 18 "Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds" and if you are to have any chance at all, these had better be compelling (my sense is you really need a Canadian lawyer's help for this) and the grounds need to be well-documented (in documents submitted with the application).

Otherwise, regarding the particular questions in the application form for the PR Travel Document:

Items 14, 15, and 16 are actually quite straight forward.

Item 15 "Time spent in Canada" specifically asks for dates spent in Canada in the last five years. If you have not been in Canada at all in the last five years, enter "0" or handwrite "zero" in the total box.

Item 16 "Absence while accompanying a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident outside Canada" has a "no" box, and since you do not indicate you have been accompanying either a Canadian citizen or PR in the last five years, that is all you would enter for item 16, a check in the "no" box. You could enter "0" or a handwritten "zero" in the total box if you like, but leaving it blank has the same effect.

You do not mention item 17 "Absences while employed by a Canadian business" but checking the "no" box here appears appropriate and then your calculation is straight-forward: "0" for question 15, question 16, and question 17, and Grand Total also "0" (or a handwritten "zero").

Back to item 14, "Your activities and employment:" While what you put here is really of minimal significance since what the Visa Office will be looking for is information corroborating time spent in Canada, which for you is none, you still need to fill this out with the applicable information even though for you this will be listing activities (employment, school, unemployment, whatever) abroad. If you leave this blank, or leave any gaps in time, or put something like "N/A," or otherwise fail to provide an answer, it is likely the application will be deemed incomplete or otherwise rejected. Just put down what you have in fact been doing even though it has been in Egypt.

shero

Oct 27, 2010
thank you soo much dpenabill , for helping, i went yesterday to the visa office and they told me leave question 14 and 15 and 16 and 17 and do question 18 because this question 18 from it they will see if you are truth or