+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about Revoking family PR and re-sponsoring them again .

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I have a PR status since May 2013, but i only stayed for 2 years since 2016, I am about to renew my PR card before it expires in july 2018, however, my wife and son who are also a PR dont meat their RO .

I am thinking to apply for revoke or cancel their PR and then apply again to sponsor ,especially that we have 2 more kids who were born outside Canada and dont have any status in Canada so far.

1- What are the chances to succeed to sponsor them again after revoking their PR ? will CIC reject their case since they have history of not staying in Canada in their first PR status?

2- is there a time frame between revoking their PR and reapplying to sponsor them again as new PR.?like if i got the notification that their PR is revoked, can I apply to sponsor them the next day ?

3- Can I apply to revoke my wife's PR status or she have to do it herself ? what about our son, shall my wife do it along with his application and I co-sign only,or shall i do it since I was the principal applicant when we applied for PR the first time.

4- What is the processing time for revoking PR.

5- is it better to I just wait till july 2018 were my wife and son's PR card will expire or i apply to revoke their PR, what is the difference?

6- I am planning as well to sponsor my parents in 2019,by the will of GOD, will this sponsorship application be affected by my wife and kids sponsorship process,like I cant sponsor more family members within a certain time frame ,like after so and so years..?!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi all,

I have a PR status since May 2013, but i only stayed for 2 years since 2016, I am about to renew my PR card before it expires in july 2018, however, my wife and son who are also a PR dont meat their RO .

I am thinking to apply for revoke or cancel their PR and then apply again to sponsor ,especially that we have 2 more kids who were born outside Canada and dont have any status in Canada so far.

1- What are the chances to succeed to sponsor them again after revoking their PR ? will CIC reject their case since they have history of not staying in Canada in their first PR status?

2- is there a time frame between revoking their PR and reapplying to sponsor them again as new PR.?like if i got the notification that their PR is revoked, can I apply to sponsor them the next day ?

3- Can I apply to revoke my wife's PR status or she have to do it herself ? what about our son, shall my wife do it along with his application and I co-sign only,or shall i do it since I was the principal applicant when we applied for PR the first time.

4- What is the processing time for revoking PR.

5- is it better to I just wait till july 2018 were my wife and son's PR card will expire or i apply to revoke their PR, what is the difference?

6- I am planning as well to sponsor my parents in 2019,by the will of GOD, will this sponsorship application be affected by my wife and kids sponsorship process,like I cant sponsor more family members within a certain time frame ,like after so and so years..?!
1. Chances should be fine, as long as you yourself meet the RO (with at least 730 days in past 5 years) when you apply to sponsor them, AND you are living in Canada when you sponsor them.

2. As soon as PR is terminated, you can then sponsor them again.

3. Your wife needs to do it herself. She can also do with your child. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp

4. Not sure how long it takes

5. No difference

6. If your family size is you + wite + 3 kids + 2 parents = 7 people, to apply to lottery in 2019 to sponsor parents you will need Canadian income of:
2018 $86,000 approx
2017 $84,631
2016 $83,695

As long as you exceed these incomes, it will not matter your sponsoring wife and kids.

Reactions: Yorker13

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
To add to the above since I believe you have some misunderstanding and thus you had asked question 5, the PR status never expires. So, if you you wait till your wife's and son's PR cards to expire, this will not mean that they are not Permanent Residents anymore. They are still Permanent Residents and they will still need to renounce their PR status whether their PR cards are valid or expired. Good Luck!

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
1. Chances should be fine, as long as you yourself meet the RO (with at least 730 days in past 5 years) when you apply to sponsor them, AND you are living in Canada when you sponsor them.

2. As soon as PR is terminated, you can then sponsor them again.

3. Your wife needs to do it herself. She can also do with your child. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5781ETOC.asp

4. Not sure how long it takes

5. No difference

6. If your family size is you + wite + 3 kids + 2 parents = 7 people, to apply to lottery in 2019 to sponsor parents you will need Canadian income of:
2018 $86,000 approx
2017 $84,631
2016 $83,695

As long as you exceed these incomes, it will not matter your sponsoring wife and kids.
Thx Rob,

1- Yes ,I just passed exactly 2 years last month in Canada,but i am in the process of renewing my PR as well, so can i apply to sponsor my wife and kids after revoking their PR and at the same time send my PR renewal.
or shall i renew my PR,which i think it will go into secondary review since I was travelled out of canada a lot and for extended period of time,then i apply for my wife and kids new PR sponsorship..!!

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
To add to the above since I believe you have some misunderstanding and thus you had asked question 5, the PR status never expires. So, if you you wait till your wife's and son's PR cards to expire, this will not mean that they are not Permanent Residents anymore. They are still Permanent Residents and they will still need to renounce their PR status whether their PR cards are valid or expired. Good Luck!
thx noscaf2014,

would u mind answering the other questions as well, especially 1

thx

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thx Rob,

1- Yes ,I just passed exactly 2 years last month in Canada,but i am in the process of renewing my PR as well, so can i apply to sponsor my wife and kids after revoking their PR and at the same time send my PR renewal.
or shall i renew my PR,which i think it will go into secondary review since I was travelled out of canada a lot and for extended period of time,then i apply for my wife and kids new PR sponsorship..!!
It's fine, as long as you meet the RO you can apply to sponsor family members. Don't need to wait for renewed PR card.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
thanks rob,

just a another question,which is not related to my post, what is the benifit of a PR holder that accompines a canadian citizen outside of Canada, for example , if i got the canadian citizenship then i join my family in uae, who also have a PR, can they retain their PR status or renew when time comes even if they didnt live in canada or maybe get citizenship themselves.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks rob,

just a another question,which is not related to my post, what is the benifit of a PR holder that accompines a canadian citizen outside of Canada, for example , if i got the canadian citizenship then i join my family in uae, who also have a PR, can they retain their PR status or renew when time comes even if they didnt live in canada or maybe get citizenship themselves.
Yes - you can retain your PR status if you are living outside of Canada with a Canadian citizen spouse.

No - you cannot get citizenship through living outside of Canada with your Canadian citizen spouse. You must physically live in Canada for several years to qualify for citizenship.