+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about requiring work hours and passport expiration

llst11

May 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding requirements for CEC.

1. For work experience, CIC website said, minimum of 1 year full time experience or equivalent of 1560 hours.
I usually work 40~50 hours per week, so I will be able to finish to work more than 1560 hours before actual 1 year. Then in this case, am I eligible to apply CEC before finishing 1 year? or do I have to wait until I finish working a 1 full year?

2. For passport expiration, CIC website said, passport should at least have more than 6 months of validation at point of application. Does it mean by point of submitting my profile to the pool? or when I received a invitation and applying for actual PR?

Thank you for reading and I hope everyone have a nice day and best of wishes with your PR.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

1. For work experience, CIC website said, minimum of 1 year full time experience or equivalent of 1560 hours.
I usually work 40~50 hours per week, so I will be able to finish to work more than 1560 hours before actual 1 year. Then in this case, am I eligible to apply CEC before finishing 1 year? or do I have to wait until I finish working a 1 full year?

2. For passport expiration, CIC website said, passport should at least have more than 6 months of validation at point of application. Does it mean by point of submitting my profile to the pool? or when I received a invitation and applying for actual PR?

Thank you for reading and I hope everyone have a nice day and best of wishes with your PR.
1 - No. You must work for a period of one year, you cannot count more than 30 hrs per week for full-time work experience.

2 - When submitting your eAPR.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
To add to the above, work experience is counted by weeks. So, for full-time work experience, you need 52 weeks with at least 30 hours per week. So, in your case, 1 week with 40-50 hours = 1 full-time week where any hours beyond 30 hours per week don't count. For example, if you have 40 weeks with 50 hours per week, this will give you 40 full-time weeks which is equivalent to 40 x 30 hours = 1200 hours (NOT 40 x 50 = 2000 hours). So, you can apply only after working for 52 weeks regardless of how many hours you work per week.

For the passport, if you are asking this question, this means that your passport is about to expire. I would recommend you to renew your passport before applying for the PR even if it has a bit more than 6 months. It is always better to have enough time on you passport because later if you get approved, your visa stamp will be up to the expiry of your passport or medical test whichever sooner. Good Luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone,

1. For work experience, CIC website said, minimum of 1 year full time experience
If you are full time, the requirement is 1 year.

or equivalent of 1560 hours.
This equivalent is given for part-time workers, who by definition will have to work longer than one year to meet the 1 year equivalent.

When you submit your eAPR (after ITA). Regardless, if it is that close, you should renew it anyway.