+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about remedical request

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received Form IMM1017 this morning (April 23rd, 2022) from IRCC for a medical request. My AOR date is Nov 7th, 2020, and the original medical exam expires in November 2021. However, I completed an upfront re-medical on April 11th, 2022, and I raised a web form to send IRCC an Information Sheet the same day. Today I still got a re-medical request.

My questions are as follows:
(1) I sent out an e-mail to the clinic asking for their help to link the results of the medical exam done on April 11th, 2022 to the new IME number of IMM1017. But IMM1017 mentions that I should complete "the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter". Does the upfront re-medical satisfy this requirement?
(2) After the clinic link my results on April 11th, 2022 to this new IME number, do I still need to send an updated Information Sheet to IRCC via a web form?

Thanks!

Islam.Shahin

Aug 15, 2017
Hello did you get your case resolved?

My wife is in the same situation and we don’t know what to do.

We are afraid the 30 days will pass without an answer by IRCC or without doing another medical.

Please any help will be really appreciated.

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hello did you get your case resolved?

My wife is in the same situation and we don’t know what to do.

We are afraid the 30 days will pass without an answer by IRCC or without doing another medical.

Please any help will be really appreciated.
I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I understand your pain as I was in a similar situation.

For my case, when IRCC officer processed my case, they found that the remedical results were missing. Then they sent me an additional document request for proof of completing a medical exam. By sending me an additional document request, I have a link to upload files to the IRCC Portal. The second business day I uploaded my proof, the medical was passed. Finally, I got my PPR the week after the medical was passed.

Ironically, IRCC replied to my webforms after my PR status had been active (I already landed) saying that they don't need my medical results anymore...

Some insights:
1) Don't worry, if they need your medical results after 30 days, they will request them.
2) It takes IRCC forever (3 months in my case) to process web forms...

Hope my experience is helpful to ease your anxiety. Good luck with your application!

Islam.Shahin

Aug 15, 2017
I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I understand your pain as I was in a similar situation.

For my case, when IRCC officer processed my case, they found that the remedical results were missing. Then they sent me an additional document request for proof of completing a medical exam. By sending me an additional document request, I have a link to upload files to the IRCC Portal. The second business day I uploaded my proof, the medical was passed. Finally, I got my PPR the week after the medical was passed.

Ironically, IRCC replied to my webforms after my PR status had been active (I already landed) saying that they don't need my medical results anymore...

Some insights:
1) Don't worry, if they need your medical results after 30 days, they will request them.
2) It takes IRCC forever (3 months in my case) to process web forms...

Hope my experience is helpful to ease your anxiety. Good luck with your application!
Thanks a lot for replying and I appreciate your detailed feedback. So you recommend we wait for them to request additional documents even if they we passed the 30 days deadline? You don’t advise to go for another medical just to be sure?

GD06

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Thanks a lot for replying and I appreciate your detailed feedback. So you recommend we wait for them to request additional documents even if they we passed the 30 days deadline? You don’t advise to go for another medical just to be sure?
I can't provide any legal advice. In my own case, I just waited.