+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about post COPR/Visa

dodrks

Nov 5, 2018
Hi all,

First, this community has been very kind in helping me with the application process. Thank you guys! (If there is any info I can help you out with, PM me)

I received my Visa recently and it expires in Nov 2019. I plan to visit Canada before that, but I don't think I can stay for long. I understand that I need to stay in the country till I receive my PR card. Since I won't be allowed to re-entry if I don't have one.
  1. Can I get the PR card mailed to an address outside Canada?
  2. Can I get the PR card mailed to my friend's address in Canada? (I'd then ask my friend to courier the card)
  3. Is there an express service to receive the card quicker?
  4. What are my options if I leave the country without collecting the card?
  5. How long does it usually take to receive the card? (I read about something called Canada Travel Document?)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

First, this community has been very kind in helping me with the application process. Thank you guys! (If there is any info I can help you out with, PM me)

I received my Visa recently and it expires in Nov 2019. I plan to visit Canada before that, but I don't think I can stay for long. I understand that I need to stay in the country till I receive my PR card. Since I won't be allowed to re-entry if I don't have one.
  1. Can I get the PR card mailed to an address outside Canada?
  2. Can I get the PR card mailed to my friend's address in Canada? (I'd then ask my friend to courier the card)
  3. Is there an express service to receive the card quicker?
  4. What are my options if I leave the country without collecting the card?
  5. How long does it usually take to receive the card? (I read about something called Canada Travel Document?)
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Your friend either mails you the PR card or you apply for a Travel Document to return to Canada.
5. Processing times fluctuate - anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months.

Reactions: dodrks

dodrks

Nov 5, 2018
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Your friend either mails you the PR card or you apply for a Travel Document to return to Canada.
5. Processing times fluctuate - anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months.
Thank you :)

ArviP91

Dec 3, 2019
Hello y'all,

I received a passport request and have sent my passport for stamping. Waiting for my passport. I have few questions at the moment

1) I am an Express entry candidate with 1 dependent (wife) - can I land in any international airport in Canada, or are there any restrictions

2) my application was processed at CPC-Ottawa. Is there a need to find a job in Ottawa initially or can I do so anywhere in Canada

3) I read about volunteering for service in Canada to gain work experience, can I do that right away after entering Canada or are there any restrictions

4) My medicals expire in July 2020. Is there a need to travel before that. What if passport is not sent back before that ?

.I appreciate your time in reading this post and responding, thank you very much.

Regards,
Arvind

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello y'all,

I received a passport request and have sent my passport for stamping. Waiting for my passport. I have few questions at the moment

1) I am an Express entry candidate with 1 dependent (wife) - can I land in any international airport in Canada, or are there any restrictions

2) my application was processed at CPC-Ottawa. Is there a need to find a job in Ottawa initially or can I do so anywhere in Canada

3) I read about volunteering for service in Canada to gain work experience, can I do that right away after entering Canada or are there any restrictions

4) My medicals expire in July 2020. Is there a need to travel before that. What if passport is not sent back before that ?

.I appreciate your time in reading this post and responding, thank you very much.

Regards,
Arvind
Others can comment/ correct as required

1)you can land at any airport although generally best to avoid Quebec unless you arrive with a firm onward travel plan. You will complete landing formalities at the first POE into Canada .

2)No requirement for Ottawa just because application was processed there

3)Not sure why you want to volunteer given you would be a PR and could take on a paid job however volunteerng not an issue. You should still both get your SINs either at landing or as soon as possible after .

4)You need to land whilst your COPr is still valid which would likely be based around the validity of the medicals. Highly unlikely it you have sent your passport already it would take until July to get it back unless was lost somewhere.