+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about PNP options

PavanJagdheesh

Oct 25, 2018
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all well. Looking for expert opinions and suggestions.

I have applied for EE along with my wife with CRS 487 and eligible for CEC. I was obviously thinking I would get 50 points for valid job offer, given that I am on a PGWP (thinking that I am LMIA exempt) and have NOC B 2281 job. However, I am stuck at 487 points without a valid offer (no LMIA) and looking to see if I can go through PNP now. I don't know when CEC would reduce to 480s.

I have one year of experience in Ontario in NOC B and believe that I am eligible for Human Capital Priority Streams (I do have the funds) or Employer Job offer: International Student Stream with 67 points sharp. I am not sure when I would get my NOI first since I applied profile on August 16th and latest update August 18th.

Apart from that, I am interested for Alberta, British Columbia and Nova Scotia but given the requirements of job offers in those locations, I don't think we are eligible for any streams.

So,
1. I want to know if either CEC or OINP are the only options right now for me?
2. When can I expect a NOI from any of the 4 provinces?
3. August 17th was my first draw, when I got into PNP pool to receive a NOI?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all well. Looking for expert opinions and suggestions.

I have applied for EE along with my wife with CRS 487 and eligible for CEC. I was obviously thinking I would get 50 points for valid job offer, given that I am on a PGWP (thinking that I am LMIA exempt) and have NOC B 2281 job. However, I am stuck at 487 points without a valid offer (no LMIA) and looking to see if I can go through PNP now. I don't know when CEC would reduce to 480s.

I have one year of experience in Ontario in NOC B and believe that I am eligible for Human Capital Priority Streams (I do have the funds) or Employer Job offer: International Student Stream with 67 points sharp. I am not sure when I would get my NOI first since I applied profile on August 16th and latest update August 18th.

Apart from that, I am interested for Alberta, British Columbia and Nova Scotia but given the requirements of job offers in those locations, I don't think we are eligible for any streams.

So,
1. I want to know if either CEC or OINP are the only options right now for me?
2. When can I expect a NOI from any of the 4 provinces?
3. August 17th was my first draw, when I got into PNP pool to receive a NOI?
1. OINP Human Capital is not an option for Tech Draws. These are the NOCs. If OINP employer job offer then assume your employer is supporting your nomination and has filled out all documentation. Right now there are no CEC draws and there might not be for some time.

• Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
  • Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
  • Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
  • Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
  • Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
  • Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
2. Can’t tell you if you will receive NOI. BC and NS aren’t an option. Alberta, if select your NOC and score. Look at getting a job offer in Alberta or Saskatchewan.

PavanJagdheesh

Oct 25, 2018
Could you clarify further? OINP Human Capital not an option for me? I know I am not eligible for tech draws. Is there any other stream I could look for?

PavanJagdheesh

Oct 25, 2018
I do have a job in Ontario but does not qualify for valid job offer since no LMIA and offer not for at least one year. I am on PGWP and have completed Masters Degree from Concordia, Montreal. I don't know French as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

PavanJagdheesh

Oct 25, 2018
Hello Scylla. Yes I do meet the requirements of Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream and Ontario Human Priorities Stream.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla. Yes I do meet the requirements of Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream and Ontario Human Priorities Stream.
Then I would look into that stream.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am confused which of the two should I opt for. I know I have to wait for NOI from Ontario.
One is through Express Entry without job offer and one is not through EE with a job over. You will need to look at which one you have a better chance of being selected based on EE score offer and OINP score fo the other. Look at past draws