+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about passport request

td1001

Oct 27, 2020
I recently received my passport request. I'm a Vietnamese national, submitted my application in the US while being an F1 student there on June 12. Biometrics submitted on July 20. Never received any emails, updates, or AIP since then. My application was updated on October 27, with correspondence letter and original passport request. With that I have several questions that I hope you could help give advice:
1. Recently I travel back to Vietnam. So can I submit my passport to the VFS in Vietnam? Do I need to update my new location to IRCC?
2. I also renew my passport since my old one is gonna expire in 2022. Do I need to upload my new passport on webform as well?
3. I defer my study to Fall 2021 (original start date is Fall 2020). My school only sends me an approval email for my deferral request, which states they will send me my new LOA in April next year. Should I upload this email to the webform, or wait until I get my new LOA in April?

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
1) check with the respective VFS. different ones have different policies.
2) if you already got a PPR u have to submit this one as the counterfoil will be generated for your current PP. you should have renewed and sent them a webform when they were still processing your application. Try calling them and clearing this doubt though.
3) when did you defer? you have to update ircc if your deferral is more than 150 days. in such a case they most probably wouldn't have sent you a passport request. obviously they though you are starting this fall not next.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I recently received my passport request. I'm a Vietnamese national, submitted my application in the US while being an F1 student there on June 12. Biometrics submitted on July 20. Never received any emails, updates, or AIP since then. My application was updated on October 27, with correspondence letter and original passport request. With that I have several questions that I hope you could help give advice:
1. Recently I travel back to Vietnam. So can I submit my passport to the VFS in Vietnam? Do I need to update my new location to IRCC?
2. I also renew my passport since my old one is gonna expire in 2022. Do I need to upload my new passport on webform as well?
3. I defer my study to Fall 2021 (original start date is Fall 2020). My school only sends me an approval email for my deferral request, which states they will send me my new LOA in April next year. Should I upload this email to the webform, or wait until I get my new LOA in April?
These are all urgent matters, so send a webform ASAP. Poster about me was absolutely right, but I want to add to question 2:
IRCC issues you a visa for a duration of your passport, not more. You cannot just travel with two passports like you did in the US, this law doesn’t work in Canada. You must let them know about new passport ASAP and about new LOA coming in Spring 2021 (it would be even better if university gives you some sort of a letter acknowledging your deferral to Fall 2021, not LOA). Basically, they will have to reprint your sticker/generate new one either way

rbertulfo19

Feb 15, 2020
hi, I am in the same situation. Did they allow you to stamp your visa in you new passport? Or if they don’t, did they allow you to enter Canada using your new passport with the attachment of the old passport with the student visa stamped on it?

thanks in advance