+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about OWP app

Curious11

Nov 30, 2023
Hi, I had some questions about the OWP app. I am sponsoring my spouse and her minor daughter. We have received AOR but nothing else yet. Visitor Record for both will be expiring soon. My spouse will be applying for OWP before this expires.

Questions:

1. I understand that applying for OWP will give my spouse implied status. I am not sure if the app for PR and AOR alone also gives implied status? I am wondering if it also necessary for her daughter to apply for some sort of extension?

2. The OWP application asks whether "another person is applying" -- I am not sure if this means a second OWP (which her daughter as a minor does not need) or if it is akin to applying for extension to her visitor visa?

3. Based on answers above, would it be necessary for her daughter to separately apply to extend her visitor visa? If the answer is yes, should her mother do so as well?

4. The OWP asks some questions about biometrics (answer no - not a listed country and not in the list of occupations, also have not done previously), and then an $85 fee is added. Biometrics were prepaid with the spousal sponsorship / PR App. How can we avoid the double charge?

Thanks.