+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about online oath ceremony and passport application

jan_svab

Apr 22, 2017
I'm not arguing with you, I appreciate your input. I'm trying to understand what might be the concern. This is the part of your post that I didn't understand:

The very first question on the passport application page is where are you applying from
I am in Canada at the time when I fill in the application.
The implication is your plan wouldn’t be allowed
Are you suggesting other point in time should be considered for "where are you applying from" than the time the application is filled? The time they receive the application? The time they process it?
Or do you think it wouldn't be allowed for some other reason? Maybe it's illegal to let someone else mail my application on my behalf? Or something else?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Here’s the thing. You are making things too complicated for yourself. Ask the clerk for expedited shipping and you should get it in a week or two tops. And then apply for passport yourself in person for expedited shipping. Not sure if someone else can apply in person on your behalf

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'm not arguing with you, I appreciate your input. I'm trying to understand what might be the concern. This is the part of your post that I didn't understand:

I am in Canada at the time when I fill in the application.

Are you suggesting other point in time should be considered for "where are you applying from" than the time the application is filled? The time they receive the application? The time they process it?
Or do you think it wouldn't be allowed for some other reason? Maybe it's illegal to let someone else mail my application on my behalf? Or something else?
The fact you're going through all these mental gymnastics to interpret the process (and for all I know...you're actually right and you'll be able to get away with it) seems like a pointless exercise to me, that's all, when accommodations exist to get a citizenship certificate and passport quickly.

I don't want to argue either, but it's because I don't want to waste my time nitpicking simple instructions to find loopholes.

Last edited:

Angelrose12

Nov 7, 2021
Hello, its been 5 months since i passed my citizenship test but i haven't heard anything for my oath taking. Is this a normal timeline? Thank you