+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about online application for visitor's visa for common-law partner

myersjosh17

May 5, 2021
Hello all,

I am hoping to have my common-law partner come visit me in the next few months in Canada. We are now starting her application and we have a few questions that we can't seem to find the answers for online.

1.) We are wondering how many files you can submit for proof of relationship. The only information we can find is that files can't be bigger than 4mb. Does this mean we have to cobble together all of our relationship proof into one file and make sure that is under 4mb? Or can we submit multiple documents showing proof of relationship? I know this is a simple question but it's hard to know what we should do here.

2.) Is it possible to remove documents before you submit your application fully? For example, if you made a mistake on a document can you switch it out while you are still filling out your application? I know any other platform you could, but with Canadian immigration stuff you never know.

Thanks everyone.

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
Hello all,

I am hoping to have my common-law partner come visit me in the next few months in Canada. We are now starting her application and we have a few questions that we can't seem to find the answers for online.

1.) We are wondering how many files you can submit for proof of relationship. The only information we can find is that files can't be bigger than 4mb. Does this mean we have to cobble together all of our relationship proof into one file and make sure that is under 4mb? Or can we submit multiple documents showing proof of relationship? I know this is a simple question but it's hard to know what we should do here.

2.) Is it possible to remove documents before you submit your application fully? For example, if you made a mistake on a document can you switch it out while you are still filling out your application? I know any other platform you could, but with Canadian immigration stuff you never know.

Thanks everyone.
1) Most fields only allow one document. What I did was compile all the relevant documents into a Word file. Once completed, I saved the Word file as a PDF. If the file is too big, change the optimization to "Minimum size". There are also free PDF compilers online if you search Google.

2) You can add/remove files as often as needed until you actually submit.