+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about non-accompanying minor child from previous relationship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
  • If she consent, there'll be high level scrutiny on child sponsorship. Since your husband has been away, assuming his ex wife assumed full custody of a child. Expect there'll be back and forth with Ottawa, they'll want to make sure minor is not removed from her biological mother or trafficked. Just a heads up on what to expect.
I believe the poster indicated that the child is NOT accompanying. If unaccompanying, none of these aspects are relevant. If the child does not get PR status (indeed is not even applying for it now), there are no trafficking/custody related concerns as part of this app.

The more serious concern/scrutiny will be if the father declares his child but cannot get the child examined.

Reactions: YVR123

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I believe the poster indicated that the child is NOT accompanying. If unaccompanying, none of these aspects are relevant. If the child does not get PR status (indeed is not even applying for it now), there are no trafficking/custody related concerns as part of this app.

The more serious concern/scrutiny will be if the father declares his child but cannot get the child examined.
Thanks for the clarity, I think I was confused on the relevancy of question #2 pasted below. I agree, If un-accompanying, then all those aspect are irrelevant

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. My husband will make an effort to convince his ex-wife to arrange for their daughter to obtain a passport, undergo a medical examination, and provide related documents. However, if his ex-wife refuses to cooperate, what should we do? Will it affect my husband's immigration?

Reactions: armoured

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
Thanks for the clarity, I think I was confused on the relevancy of question #2 pasted below. I agree, If un-accompanying, then all those aspect are irrelevant

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. My husband will make an effort to convince his ex-wife to arrange for their daughter to obtain a passport, undergo a medical examination, and provide related documents. However, if his ex-wife refuses to cooperate, what should we do? Will it affect my husband's immigration?
Hi I really hope you see this, I am also in the same situation. My husband’s ex gf is refusing for his non-accompanying dependent to submit a medical. Are you able to provide an update on your process so far regarding that’s aspect? TIA

Mollysan

Oct 17, 2018
Hi I really hope you see this, I am also in the same situation. My husband’s ex gf is refusing for his non-accompanying dependent to submit a medical. Are you able to provide an update on your process so far regarding that’s aspect? TIA
We are still trying our best to ask for cooperation from his ex.

ayesha21

Oct 17, 2023
Hi, i got ita today. My husband is the main applicant n i am dependent. He has a child from his previous marriage n the mother has the sole custody. Do we still need to provide proof of fund for 2 or 3 ? Also what document to provide for the child as he doesnt have id nor passport, only birth certificate.
Pls reply its urgent.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, i got ita today. My husband is the main applicant n i am dependent. He has a child from his previous marriage n the mother has the sole custody. Do we still need to provide proof of fund for 2 or 3 ? Also what document to provide for the child as he doesnt have id nor passport, only birth certificate.
Pls reply its urgent.
This is a family class sponsorship section of the forum. Your case is not a family sponsorship (PR/citizen sponsoring family to become PR).
I don't know the answer to your question since family sponsorship do not require proof of fund.
Instead, sponsor needs to have proof of income and savings (not a fixed amount stated) to show that sponsor can support his family to live in Canada.

ayesha21

Oct 17, 2023
Hello I have a question i would really appreciate if u would reply. My husband n i got ITA, need to submit our application. My husband has a child from his previous marriage,the ex wife has sole custody of the child.my husband gives a monthly alimony. For our proof of fund do we need to provide funds for 3 or only 2 ? Or does my husband need to show alimony for 6 months? Thanks for replying. We are outlanders.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello I have a question i would really appreciate if u would reply. My husband n i got ITA, need to submit our application. My husband has a child from his previous marriage,the ex wife has sole custody of the child.my husband gives a monthly alimony. For our proof of fund do we need to provide funds for 3 or only 2 ? Or does my husband need to show alimony for 6 months? Thanks for replying. We are outlanders.
Not family class sponsorship. Post in the appropriate area of the forums, this provision doesn't apply to family sponsorship.