+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about my visiting visa application. answers needed ASAP

ldl_com

Feb 5, 2015
Hello,

I have applied to visit Canada twice and i have being refused both times. I haven't traveled before but i have applied for visits but didn't travel again for different reasons, secondly, the purpose of my visit is tourism and also for a conference. I am thinking the reason i was refused both times is my employment situation as i only submitted letter from my accountant. My question is

1. My business is a part time business. I finished my Bsc in October 2014, than started a consulting firm as an HR consultant. I will start my Postgraduate in September 2015 so i classify my self as self employed as i am the owner of the business. Is this is reason why because i am just starting up? Should i leave it blank since is not a full time business and just classify myself as a student?

2. What documents am i suppose to submit since i run a self employment business? I don't run a business account, neither have i got payslips. The first time i applied, i added a letter from the HRMC and i was still refused. Am i suppose to submit more information? if yes, can you please list them?

3. I haven't traveled before, does that mean i can't visit Canada?

4. Tourism and conference, is that not a purpose of travel? Why does it still say no purpose of visit on my refusal letter?

5. I have a friend in Canada who is a student. If she send a letter, will they improve my application?

Please go through my refusal letters and advise on what documents i am suppose to submit so i don't get refused again. It is very expensive to apply for visa and get refused for reasons i don't understand. A reply will be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. It's generally easier to be approved if you have a full time employer since this shows you have ties to your home country. It may help to show that you are a student provided that you can provide an acceptance letter from your school proving you will be starting classes in September and also show proof that you have paid your tuition fees for the PG you are going to take.
2. Without payslips and business accounts, I don't see what you can provide to prove self employment. CIC is looking for hard proof.
3. No - this doesn't mean you can't visit Canada. However it makes visiting Canada more difficult since you don't have a past travel record of visiting countries requiring visas.
4. Yes - this is a good reason for travel. Did you provide evidence to show your conference registration, where you are booked to stay, what you will be visiting, travel itinerary, flight itinerary, etc.?
5. Not necessarily. CIC may think you are in a relationship with this individual and are trying to use the visitor visa as a means of coming to Canada so that you can get married and she can sponsor you for PR so that you can stay in Canada long term.

ldl_com

Feb 5, 2015
Thanks so much for your reply.

I have ties to my country of resident. I am married here in the UK. At present it is a full time job because i won't resume school until September 2015 which will be a part time course. I submitted including my conference registration, booked an hotel, book a flight ticket but didn't add any travel itinerary.