+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about language test for immigration. (International students)

michelle7

Oct 18, 2012
Hey everyone,

I am an international student graduating from UBC in 2013. And I would like to apply for immigration. But I have no idea how to start.
I heard from my friends that I need to take a language proficiency test in order to apply. Do you guys know which one should I take, CELPIP, IELTS or others? And which one would you recommend?
Thank you so much.:)

Michelle

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michelle7 said:
Hey everyone,

I am an international student graduating from UBC in 2013. And I would like to apply for immigration. But I have no idea how to start.
I heard from my friends that I need to take a language proficiency test in order to apply. Do you guys know which one should I take, CELPIP, IELTS or others? And which one would you recommend?

Michelle
you need to take IELTS, the General Training version instead of Academic Version

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
michelle7 said:
Hey everyone,

Michelle
firstly, you have know what program you will be applying under and get the application package. in the checklist, it will tell you what you need to prepare for. IELTS is one of the required documents, but keep in mind that CIC will only accept the result which is within 2 years. Since you are still in school and I'm not sure if you have already qualified to apply PR yet, i will hold on for a bit and go thro the checklist to see if you are qualified. if you are not applying PR now or soon, it's ripped off to take the IELTS now as if it may need you to re-take it in the future.

good luck!

PAULPAYA

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-07-2013
michelle7 said:
Hey everyone,

Michelle
Michelle,

It's still a bit early (at least 12 months) to consider applying immigration, but actually it's also a good time for you to get started.
If you're graduating in early 2013, you can now prepare to apply PGWP => http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp ...

Using your Work Permit (WP) to find a full time job for at least 12 months to apply Canadian Experience Class (CEC) in the following year ...
When you apply, or before you apply can take IELTS to send along with your CEC package (mentioned in above post) ...

IELTS has a valid time period of 24 months, in case of processing time for CEC extended to longer than 24 months ...
You can then decide to take early or in the meantime ...

Right now you can pretty much start looking for job opportunities in your pre-preparation ...
Good luck & Godspeed ...

;D

michelle7

Oct 18, 2012
seventeen5552 said:
firstly, you have know what program you will be applying under and get the application package. in the checklist, it will tell you what you need to prepare for. IELTS is one of the required documents, but keep in mind that CIC will only accept the result which is within 2 years. Since you are still in school and I'm not sure if you have already qualified to apply PR yet, i will hold on for a bit and go thro the checklist to see if you are qualified. if you are not applying PR now or soon, it's ripped off to take the IELTS now as if it may need you to re-take it in the future.

good luck!
Thank you very much for your advice and I will definitely check the qualification for applying PR first. And see if I need to start it now or later. Have a nice weekend~ ;D

michelle7

Oct 18, 2012
PAULPAYA said:
Michelle,

It's still a bit early (at least 12 months) to consider applying immigration, but actually it's also a good time for you to get started.
If you're graduating in early 2013, you can now prepare to apply PGWP =>Using your Work Permit (WP) to find a full time job for at least 12 months to apply Canadian Experience Class (CEC) in the following year ...
When you apply, or before you apply can take IELTS to send along with your CEC package (mentioned in above post) ...

IELTS has a valid time period of 24 months, in case of processing time for CEC extended to longer than 24 months ...
You can then decide to take early or in the meantime ...

Right now you can pretty much start looking for job opportunities in your pre-preparation ...
Good luck & Godspeed ...

;D
Paul,
Thank you for your clarification and yes I think it is bit early for me now. Just getting prepared for my life after graduation and stuff. And yes, I will start with applying Work Permit .
Thanks again and have a nice weekend. :)