+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions About LANDING

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I will land in canada from overseas with pregnant wife and two kids in september. I need answers to these questions if anyone can help:

1. My wife will deliver in november and would she have health coverage for c-section in AB after we arrive?

2. I intend to apply for our PR and return overseas with the kids to complete the year at school. Can we leave while the PR is still in process? My wife will still be in AB staying with a relative.

3. How long does the PR application process take in AB?

4. How about hospitals in AB? anybody with some experience?

5. Will the PR be sent to our address in AB or we have to pick it in person?

Thanks

Peece

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I am a bit confused. You say you are landing but then say you still have to apply for the PR? Normally we say you are landing when you already have your PR papers but arrive in Canada to activate your PR. If that is the case for you, you can leave again and all your PR cards will be mailed to the address where your wife is staying in about a month. She can then have somebody bring them to you where you are living or ship them by fed ex or registered mail. If you are arriving as PR, your wife will have medical coverage right away in AB, she should register as soon as possible. There is one clause about when a married couple is not moving to AB together that could cause her not to be covered. You should contact AB health and ask about that, http://www.health.alberta.ca/ahcip/AHCIP_contact.html

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response and the info.
I am sorry for the confusion. Yes, I have my PR documents but will be arriving to activate it.

peece