+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Landing, personal effects and Monetary Intruments

Scarecrow02

Aug 3, 2011
I have been approved for PR from the U.S. to Canada. I plan on completing my landing this week.

I have been in Canada since December and have what's left of my personal effects in storage in the U.S..I plan on picking them up sometime in Sept. I'm filling out form B4 for goods to follow from memory and was wondering what to put in the "Value for Duty" column. Do I try and come up with original cost, replacement cost, insurance value or what I could sell it for?

My next question is about the monetary instrument form E677. I have two U.S. bank accounts that I plan on leaving the money there in them. Do I claim those two accounts on the form? I also have an account with Edward Jones with my IRA/Roth IRA, Stocks/Bonds and Money Mkt acct. and was wondering the same about that account. I'm confused about the description of what transporting and a Monetary Instrument is...Help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Scarecrow02 said:
I have been approved for PR from the U.S. to Canada. I plan on completing my landing this week.

I have been in Canada since December and have what's left of my personal effects in storage in the U.S..I plan on picking them up sometime in Sept. I'm filling out form B4 for goods to follow from memory and was wondering what to put in the "Value for Duty" column. Do I try and come up with original cost, replacement cost, insurance value or what I could sell it for?

My next question is about the monetary instrument form E677. I have two U.S. bank accounts that I plan on leaving the money there in them. Do I claim those two accounts on the form? I also have an account with Edward Jones with my IRA/Roth IRA, Stocks/Bonds and Money Mkt acct. and was wondering the same about that account. I'm confused about the description of what transporting and a Monetary Instrument is...Help!
1. Used cost, estimate is fine.
2. No, only funds that are in your possession when you enter Canada.