+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about land entry for COPR

choudhary_abhinav

Sep 27, 2016
I've received my COPR and have questions to help me with my move at the end of this month(May 25 - 31). The points below explain my situation:

1. I'm currently staying in Chicago, USA on a tourist B1 visa which expires at the end of this month(May 31). Also, once I leave US my tourist visa instantly expires and I cannot enter back.
  2. I have lots of furniture and my car. What's the best way to go about moving them to canada?
  3. I'm planning on driving my car across the border, what are the requirements about importing from canada to us?
  4. What are the documents I would need prepared for my border entry?
  5. What type of questions might be required by me to answer at the border?
  6. My dad and sister have a Canadian tourist visa, would it be ok for them to enter the border along with me, let's say in my car?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. The end date on your I-94 is more relevant than the end date on your visa, but yes, once you leave the US, you can't enter unless you get a new visa after May 31.
2-3. Can't help you with these, but they are covered around this forum in other threads.
4. Apart from the obvious passport with visa and COPR, list of goods you're bringing in, and the list of goods to follow. You can Google the CBSA website from these forms, but a simple printed list will also be accepted.
5. The questions written on the COPR + who are accompanying you and how you are related to them (since you mentioned #6)
6. Yes