+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Inland process

Peter1982

Jan 14, 2013
Hi, new to this board and am very confused at the moment... Any wisdom that you are willing to share would be deeply appreciated!

We are In the process of trying to bring my husband to Canada and trying to figure out if we should go Inland or Outland, he has a TRV to visit Canada for up to 6 months at a time right now (valid until December 2013), So if he came here and we sent in an Inland application, he would then need to apply to extend the 6 month visit? From my understanding there is a risk that leaving the country he could be denied re-entry and have the process voided, is that correct, is that a common issue?

Also was wondering about the whole OWP thing, can he apply for that with the PRV application, and is that then granted after the Step 1 approval is completed? Right now getting him here and working quickly is our top priority (he gets stir-crazy easily not working), and right now the processing time for an Outland Application in Santiago (his nearest CPC) is 16 months...

Thanks for your time and assistance!!

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Inland processing for first stage is 6 months. He can get the open work permit after 1st stage (AIP)... He can extend his visitor status . You should submit an open work permit application together with your inland spousal application. (This gives him implied status, although some people still extend their visitor visa just to be safe). If your priority is to get him in Canada and work , then I would suggest inland if it takes 16 months to process in his home visa office.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Inland is six months for first stage provided there isn't a file transfer to a local office for further investigation. That being the case it would be six months plus whatever the local office's time line is processing an application.

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
6 months...no way my case took 29 months and many many others still waiting ...