+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about IMM 0008 for common-law partner

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi,

I let IRCC know about my marital status change (from Single to Common-law partner) after receiving my PPR for FSW EE PR application. They sent me a request letter for additional documents. The forms I need to submit contain: "Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);"

My questions are:
  1. Does my partner need to submit her own application form IMM 0008?
  2. If yes, what should the program and category (Questions 1 and 2) be for my partner's IMM 0008? Should it be the same as mine, or should the program/category be "Spouse"?
  3. Does she need to add me as a dependent in her form?
I'd appreciate any answers to this, thank you very much!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi,

I let IRCC know about my marital status change (from Single to Common-law partner) after receiving my PPR for FSW EE PR application. They sent me a request letter for additional documents. The forms I need to submit contain: "Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);"

My questions are:
  1. Does my partner need to submit her own application form IMM 0008?
  2. If yes, what should the program and category (Questions 1 and 2) be for my partner's IMM 0008? Should it be the same as mine, or should the program/category be "Spouse"?
  3. Does she need to add me as a dependent in her form?
I'd appreciate any answers to this, thank you very much!
Hi did you find your answers?

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi did you find your answers?
Nope. I got conflicting answers on this forum, but what I ended up doing is submit two forms IMM0008 (one for me listing her as a dependent, and one for her listing me as a dependent). The program and category for my partner is same as the program/category for the primary applicant (in this case, mine).

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Nope. I got conflicting answers on this forum, but what I ended up doing is submit two forms IMM0008 (one for me listing her as a dependent, and one for her listing me as a dependent). The program and category for my partner is same as the program/category for the primary applicant (in this case, mine).
That makes sense. In both the scenarios, a form filled by PA is needed. In the second scenario, we will just send one extra form filled by dependent. So it won't affect even if we send one extra form as long there is one filled by PA. Thanks.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Two more questions:
Did you print, sign by ink , and scan imm 0008? Because I am unable to type my name under the consent section using PDF.
Also, were you also asked to submit RPRF receipt for spouse along with the other additional documents?